day six

taehyung looked at the empty seat beside him, jeongguk had promised to come to school today so taehyung could show him something. but sadly that wasn't the case. the worried boy tried not to assume the worst but he couldn't help himself. 

he wanted to make sure the boy was okay, especially with his arm and the condition that it's in as of right now. 

he hasn't gotten anymore letters on his desk, maybe the person stopped writing them. he assumed that maybe they just weren't up for it today. it made him a bit disappointed, it was impeding his journey to find out who they were. 

taehyung immediately left the class room and started walking. when the destination came into view so did a silhouette of a body. on the old rusted swing set was jeongguk. arm bleeding and his face red. taehyung sped up, walking quicker, wanting to get to him as soon as possible. 

when he got close enough he could see the cuts on his wrist leaking. the tear stains on his face and the sorrow in his doe eyes. 

"jeongguk?"

all he got in return was a broken sob of his name and arms thrown around his neck. 

"i shouldn't have done that. 

throwing myself at him was dumb.

but it was comforting. 

to have someone to hold you at the worst of times in your life. 

it felt nice." 

- jjk 190431 (10:30PM)