23 - Callie

Clara was being silly, and I was laughing. My heart felt light and at that moment I was convinced all was well. I looked over at Sam, who was smirking at his daughter and thought his face defined love. How could his wife just toss him aside? I never had a father, but if I did, I would want one like Sam.

Once I had settled them for nap time, I found Sam in the kitchen cleaning up from lunch. I was about to say goodbye when he reached out and put some stray hair behind my ear.

"You didn't flinch." He looked surprised.

"No, because I know you. I trust you." I answered honestly knowing Sam would never hurt me. "I don't like strangers touching me."

"Can I?" He was looking at me in a way men had looked at me since I hit puberty.

It excited me. "Can you what?"

"Can I come closer to you?" I didn't respond negatively or step away, so he took a step toward me and leaned in. "How do you feel if I do this?" he whispered in my ear as his lips found their way to my neck and brushed lightly sending a tingling down to my core.

"Not frightened." I gasped.

I felt him smile against my neck. "Why?"

I wasn't sure of the correct answer. "Because it feels good."

I inhaled his scent, which was clean and soapy with a hint of deodorant. He was not overloaded with aftershave the way Parker typically would have been.

"Does this feel good?" He pulled me closer and his thumb brushed across my breast right over my hardened nipple.

"Yes." I gasped, but then I came to my senses and pulled his hands away to release myself which he allowed easily. "It feels good. Too good and you know that, but now I want to know." I took a deep breath. "Did you like it? Or were you just seeing how damaged I am?"

He looked pensive as if he was thinking of an answer, but quickly his face changed and he reached out and pulled me to him. He crushed his lips onto mine and began devouring my mouth with his. I took in the taste and smell of him. Flush against him, I quickly realized he felt something powerful.

When we finally parted, his voice sounded breathless. "You are not damaged. I thought you were beautiful when you walked in the first time, bruises and all, but you became more so as I've watched you with my children. The fact that you care about them makes me want you all the more."

"Want me?" I felt a rush of fear and excitement all at once.

"Yes, but I understand if you don't feel the same or if you aren't ready or if..."

Did I feel the same? Physically after that kiss, my body was screaming for more. I might not have picked him out in a roomful of men. I may have claimed he wasn't my type with his longer hair and beard. Still, he was good looking and sexy in his own way.

"I think I need to go, but Sam, I enjoyed kissing you."

I kissed his cheek and left.

Thanks for voting ⭐️