Chapter 3

Chapter three let's go

Just a friendly little reminder that this is an AU.. Also a majority of my military knowledge comes from the British Army Cadet Force which I was a part of for the best part of four+ years and my knowledge of American army ranks comes from the internet.

Enjoy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~ January 14th, 1917 – Private Danny Murillo's point of view

Everyone and I mean everyone in our friendship circle including CSM Ragan kept an eye on me after the fainting episode that I had yesterday. Jordon told me that he didn't want his jacket back, so I decided to use it as a blanket for myself. I woke up ten minutes after I had fainted with no memory of it happening. I think I asked Jorel how long I had slept for before he told me that I had fainted. Rigo would definitely worry about me even more now. If I managed to get Jorel and George worried then Rigo would definitely worry. George also gave me a bit of his rations on top oh mine just to make sure that I am okay and not about to faint again. They did mention I was pretty pale still from the fainting episode.

They do not want me to faint again which would be a repeat of yesterday. To be honest neither do I, it was horrible enough being on this train feeling sore and weak. It is truly the worst feeling in the world. We now only have a few hours left before we get to our destination according to George who has done this journey a few times. When we get there, I will find out if I will see Rigo at the station or at the camp itself. I am starting to get excited about seeing Rigo again. The last time I saw Rigo must have been the 25th of November 1915. I have admittingly counting the days since I last saw him. I did get a phone call on my 21st birthday from him though which is nice, because I knew he could not have been there for the actual day. He has been working so hard training people here, it's made mom proud.

It has now been, 1 year, 1 month and 21 days since the day he left home to be stationed at this base came. I guess I am a little weird for knowing the exact amount of days. However, I bet back home our mom is going to be counting for all three of us boys. She will pray everyday for our safe return once the war is over. Our sister Lisa-Marie will be praying too. I will be praying myself, that if I do survive that father is not around to kill me for leaving home against his wishes. That is if he does not end up in prison before the war is over. Knowing him as well as I do, he will end up there at least once, maybe twice before the war is out. He already messed up the day he last attacked me as Dylan was there watching. If I decided to take legal action against my father I could easily have my new friend back me up.

"Are you feeling okay today Danny?" George asks me, when he gives me my rations for the morning like everyone else gets. Well, I assume that it is the morning right now. We can't really tell whether it is day or night on this train carriage until we get to camp as this lacks any sort of windows. "Yeah, I am as good as I can by right now," I tell him. Then he gives me a portion of his rations on top of mine when a lot of the other people aren't looking. "You don't have to this George," I tell him. He crouches down in front of me. "I promised Rigo that I would keep an eye on you and I would look after you. I have the rations to spare anyway," he tells me, very seriously by the tone he spoke to me in. Of course, it would all come down to my older brother asking George to look after me when I was on the train, it always does.

Rigo has always been over protective of me, often taking the beatings for me when I was younger to spare me as many of the horrible experiences as he could. He knew as I grew older that it would not last forever and when he left for the army father decided to make up for the lost beatings Rigo protected me from growing up. Father was very angry that he had lost so many opportunities to unleash his anger on me because of Rigo being so protective. There was nothing I could have done about it because I knew that there was a chance of the school I went to finding out and asking some questions about my health which would have led to an investigation and us being removed from mother and father.