Chapter 21

-Dexter

That man had some nerve, coming at me like he know me. Wait, let me take a minute to calm down. I know what I'm capable of but I know he doesn't.

I walked out of the hospital room and headed for my car. These last couple of days with Sharen has been a roller coaster. Now don't get me wrong, I know she's feeling me. I can feel the chemistry every time we looked at each other.
But am I really ready for a relationship?

After my wife died 3 years ago, I buried myself into work. Being a detective was my number one priority. I didn't know how to flirt or love a woman anymore. How could I love another woman, when I'm still in love with my deceased wife?

That was, until I met Sharen Woods.

She brought a different side out of me. All of the feelings that I thought I didn't have any more rushed back when I laid eyes on her at Le'Faye Burgers.

Starting up my F-350, I thought about Sharen while to my next destination.

I knew Sharen and I could make a wonderful couple. I would give her the world and treat her like a queen. But it's things about me that I'm not sure I'm ready to reveal to her.

Just like Sharen I've been through a lot too, but the results out of my problems are way worse than hers.
Can she handle that?

I pulled up to Karen's house. Police officers and detectives were all over the place. I jumped out of my truck and walked towards Doraen.

"I know I'm off duty right now man, but I just need the info on what's going on." I asked.

Doraen looked at me and shook his head. Every one knew that I never had an off time from work.

"Well so far Mitchell, we have fingerprints that we have to run but other than that, there isn't much evidence. Besides the fact that Karen was raped before she was brutally murdered. The only question is... who did it?"

I had to tell Sharen what's going on, but lord knows I don't want to stress her out.
I wish there was something I can do...

I ran back to my truck and went back to the hospital. I have questions that definitely needs to be answered.