Chapter 10

I opened my front door to pure darkness. Sitting my purse down on the kitchen table I felt my cell phone vibrate. Looking at the phone I realized it was a unknown area code.

"Hello?" I answered

"Hi, can I speak to Ms. Woods?" A deep familiar voice asked.

"This is she. Who's calling?"

"This is Dexter. You left the office before I can catch you. There is something really important I need to show you. I believe it connects to the break in at your office. Is it okay if I come over? I know it's late and I don't mean to intrude but you really need to see this." He said genuinely.

"Um, okay. I guess you can come." I gave him my address and then hung up with him.

I ran up my stairs and to my room. I quickly took a shower and searched for something to wear in my closet. Midway into throwing everything around in my room, I wondered what I was doing? This man is coming over here to help me and here I am trying to seduce him. After getting my thoughts together, I realized that I needed to be comfortable and normal. Taking a pair of sweatpants and another tank top out of my drawers, I headed downstairs to the kitchen to prepare some tea.

That's when I heard a knock at my door.

I walked towards the door and looked through the peephole. There he was.

I opened the door and greeted him.

"Hi Dexter." I didn't recognize my own voice. I cleared my throat and repeated myself.

"Hi, Dexter."

He chuckled and said

"Good evening Ms. Woods. May I come in?" He asked and then looked over my shoulder.

"Oh yes, I'm sorry. Come in." I moved to the side to let him and then I closed my front door.

                         ------------------

Do you think something will happen between the two?