Chapter 20

Okay. Before I get back to the story I'm going to switch it up a bit. I'll let you get into the heads of Allen and Dexter. Please vote and Comment.

-Allen

I knew I wasn't suppose to be here, but once I found out where Sharen was I knew I couldn't stay away for long. I tried staying undercover but her beauty made me want to hold her one more time.

I walked into her hospital room and stared at her. God she's beautiful, why did she leave me? What made her think she'll get away?

I felt my anger begin to rise so before I start thinking irrationally I decided it was time for us to talk.

I walked over to her bed and stared down at her. I rubbed her hair and kissed her forehead.

"You know I love you right? Why did you fight me Sharen? We were perfect for each other but of course you let other things get in the way of that." I said close to her ear.

Her eyes starting moving. She heard me.

That's when she took a deep breath, and her eyes fluttered open. She looked around the room to see where she was.

Her eyes connected to mines. She tried moving away but the machines she was hooked up to wouldn't let her.

"Oh no, honey don't move. I'm back and now it's time for us to get our lives back on track. I've missed you." I said soothingly.

She tried to speak but her dry throat wouldn't let her.

"You need some water baby?"

She hesitated but nodded her head.

I stood up and walked towards her tray and poured her a cup of water. I put the cup to her mouth and she sipped.

"Allen..." She said in a scratchy voice.

"Yes honey?" I asked.

"W-why are you here? What do you want?" She asked nervously.

"Sharen I hope you didn't think running around years ago would keep you away from me..." But before I could finish my statement there was knock at the door.

A man walked in, he looked like a detective but what the hell was he doing here? And why was he looking at my woman like that?

"Sharen?" He said.

"Hi Dexter. What happened? What am I doing here?" She asked.

I had to know who this nigga was. This is my wife!

"Who the hell are you?" I asked. My voice booming.

"No, who are you and why are you here?" He asked. Walking closer to me.

He might wanna back up.

"I'm her husband, Allen. Who are you?"

"Husband huh?" He said then chuckled. "Last time I remember you was her fiancé."

"Do you know who I am? Keep talking and you'll see." I screamed.

"Can yall please stop. Please?" Sharen said softly.

"I'm sorry Sharen. I'll call you later." Dexter said. Then he walked out.

Call her later? Oh, we'll see about that.

I'm going to find out who he is. I can't let no one steal my woman from me again.

I'll be with her later anyway.