Chapter 46- Family Matters. (Edited)

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, you were always so scared", he answered trying to divert the topic.

"Huh, says you. You were the one with your bedroom light on at night, saying you forgot to turn it off", I scoffed as I turned my head.

I heard laughter erupting from him as I turned to look at him. he truly does deserve to be happy. Hopefully, he will find the one for him.

"Well, alright, no need to get cocky. It's a deal", he said as we shook hands on it and I took Ariyan from him who was staring between us with his eyes wide open as I was laughing at his comment.

"That's what they all say", I answered back.

"Okay, I should get back and tell everyone to make their way to the garden, to order what they want to eat. We have been sat in here chilling for quite some time," I said as I fist bumped Moneeb and smiled at him. Putting an end to our banter.

I placing Ariyan on my hip as he rested his head on my shoulder and placed his arm around my neck.

"OKAY, LISTEN UP EVERYBODY. MAKE YOUR WAY TOWARDS THE GARDEN AND DECIDE WHAT YOU WANT TO EAT FOR DINNER!!" I shouted trying to make my voice heard over the noise and cries of my cousins and nieces and nephews.

Everybody looked in my direction and nodded before they began running out of the theatre.

I shook my head at their typical behaviour. They are such foodies.

I turned around to see Amir holding Ariyah and walking towards us. Oh, good that she is safe and sound, otherwise I would cry.

"Hey, you okay baby?" Amir asked me, wrapping his arm around my waist.

"Yeah, just excited that all of our families here", I answered, leaning into his touch and placing a kiss on his cheek.

"Sorry that all your family isn't here", I said to him as he shook his head.

Half of Amir's family were currently on holiday in Morocco and couldn't make it and the other half were delayed in traffic.

Unlike my mum has 5 siblings and my dad has 6 siblings, Amir's mum has 4 siblings and Amir's dad has 3 siblings, so his side of the family is a lot smaller than mine with maternal and paternal aunts and uncles and cousins.

"It's fine I guess they had other things to do or they are genuinely upset that they can't make it but I have my family and your family here so that is all that matters", he said causing my heart to warm up.

I looked around and noticed that everyone had left the theatre and there was only me and Amir with twins in our arms. I giggled as I began to make my way to the garden where the rest of our family were.

"Hey, not so fast", Amir said as he pulled me into him.

"Hey, I am holding Ariyan in my hand, be careful", I told him as he placed a kiss on my forehead.

"Oops, sorry. But we are finally alone now," he stated as I shook my head at him and smiled.

"Well, nah I can see that," I retorted as he stared at me.

"So how about we have some alone time", he suggested waving his eyebrows at me.

I smacked his arm and shook my head.

"Amir, we have guests over and we need to order food for them. Or are you forgetting?" I asked him as he pouted at me.

"Fine but I want to do one thing before we go into the garden and probably not see each other for the rest of the evening and night," he stated as I raised my eyebrow up at him.

He is not going to kiss me now, is he?

Oh, he is going to kiss me.

I panicked slightly in case someone was to walk in as he placed Ariyah on his hip and leaned in closer to me. I stood there not sure if he was being serious or if he was going to prank me.

Well, I was wrong he wasn't pranking me as his lips connected with mine and it took me a moment before I realized what he was doing. Just as I was about to respond to his kiss he moved away.

"See, that wasn't so bad now was it?" he asked as he placed his forehead on mine before leaning in again to place a kiss on Ariyan's forehead.

"Hmm, you are a horrible kisser", I answered instead deciding to tease him as I hastily made my way towards the garden, were everybody was currently seated and enjoying the cool afternoon breeze.

I made my way towards ammi and mum sitting in between them as I smiled at them.

"So should we order the food now or should we wait for a while?" I asked them as they turned to look at me.

Had they really not seen me sit next to them?

"We should order the food now. I have already told Subhan and Ameena to go around and ask everyone what they would like to eat. As they volunteered to do it", ammi answered as I nodded my head and left Ariyan with them as they eagerly took him.

I began walking to a group of my cousins that were surrounding Zaira and Sidrah.

"Wassup, homies?" I asked as I leaned into one of my cousin's Inaaya as she hugged me and shrugged her shoulder.

"Nothing much aapi Aaliya. What about you?" she asked as I smiled at her and gave her a hug.

Inaaya is my mammoo Nazim's youngest daughter and I haven't seen them for quite some time now.

"Just can't wait to go back to Pakistan and start riding motorbikes and cars there. As I am of driving age anyways, not like they really care though", I answered as my excitement increased.

"Well, I can't wait to go to Disneyland as well. We are literally like grown babies", Inaaya's older sister Raaiqa said as I nodded my head at her and we both began laughing.

It is so weird how we always burst out laughing whenever we see each other, even in a situation where we are not meant to we always brighten it up.

That's the thing about my family they love me and I love them and everyone counts on me to cheer them up with my amazing humour, which isn't always amazing.

25 MINUTES LATER.

The food had finally arrived and nobody would let one single person pay for everything. Which was really funny as the poor delivery guy had no idea who to take the money of because everyone who had money and I mean EVERYONE was waving their cash at him threatening him to not take it off, anyone.

Well, this is Pakistani people for you.

So I had decided to come up with a plan since there were a lot of us we all paid £1.50 which surprisingly covered the bill, which was in triple digits but it was actually relatively cheap considering the fact that half my family eat twice to triple their own weight and many people are not eating for one anymore.

We were currently sitting in the garden devouring the food we ordered and this is those rare moments when you can get away with ordering and eating whatever you want and your parents won't say anything to you. Especially all my younger cousins, they love coming to my house and Amir's house as my aunts and uncles can't say anything to them.

We sat in the peaceful silence in one massive circle and ate our food, throwing the occasional smirk, smile and wink to each other and laughing at our behaviour. I love acting like a child with my family.

I don't really care who sees me as a kid and who I throw a smirk or wink to as we are one big family here. Everyone knows this was how I used to be before getting kidnapped and they are just happy that I am turning to my regular self again after the horrible incidents that have happened in my life.

We continued to eat our food and just chill out whilst people began to make conversation with each other and the once silent garden began to fill up with happiness, joy, laughter, chatter and the occasional shoutings of the parent's whose child or children began to annoy them.

I smiled at everyone showing my emotions clear on my face as I cherished moments like these and realized no matter what you have been through family matters.