Chapter 10 : The Start

Start from the beginning

I sighed in relief and turned my attention to Jace, "Jace, stop staring at him. Look I'm fine, now you're gonna make me late, well, I was already late, but you get the point." I said crossing my arms in front of my chest.

Jace face softened and he looked at me, "Sorry, my wolf was annoyed at the disrespect. So who's the asshole? You sure you're alright? King Hunter was freaked out, he said someone was yelling at you."

I nodded at his apology and smiled at Christian's nickname, "That asshole's name is Christian, not sure who he is yet, just met him. And it was him who yelled at me, It was my fault, I was walking to slow."

He muttered another small "asshole" under his breath before looking at me with a smile, "Well, if you're okay, then I'm okay. The king shall not have my head. Well, make sure to text either me or Jeremy after class, we'll pick you up, okay queen?" He asked.

"Yes, oh and don't call me queen, makes me feel old." I said scrunching my nose and walked away. I turned to look at Jace one more time to give him a wave, in which he waved back.

I went towards the door Christian showed me earlier and took a deep breath and knocked. I slowly opened the door and saw all eyes were on me. Eeep. I don't like the attention, so I quickly went towards the teacher to tell him the reason I was late.

"Excuse me sir, sorry to disturb. I'm Milea, I'm new. I'm sorry I was late, I was being shown around the school's ground." I said, handing him a piece of paper "The administration lady told me to give this to my teacher." I muttered quickly.

I don't know if it was because I'm nervous or it's the air in the class, I was starting to feel warm. I knew I shouldn't have worn this long sleeve.

The teacher took the paper and smiled at me. Guess the staff's here were nice, only if the students were half as nice as them.

"Ah yes, Ms. Andrews, I'm Mr. Hendrick, welcome to English 11. Please take a seat at the 4th row on the far left." He said, pointing to the chair neat the window.

I smiled and thanked him and walked to my chair. I could literally feel eye's on me as I walked past, and the whispers started.

"It's the first day, and she's already late."

"What an ungrateful bitch."

"See this is why we shouldn't even give help to those people. They take it for granted."

I frowned at their words and proceeded to sit in my chair and prepare for class.

"Alright kids, quiet down. Let's move on, now let's go back to Conjunctions..." Mr. Hendrick called out.

I zoned out and looked around the room. There was a total of 2 AC's in here and yet it was still warm, so I took a piece of paper and fanned myself with it. I sighed in satisfaction when the cool air hit my skin.

I proceeded to pay attention and took down notes, this is gonna be a long day.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

I sighed and smiled to myself when the last bell rang, students started to pack their bags and exit the class. I quickly followed after them and took my phone out of my pocket and texted Jace. I walked towards my locker and opened it. Putting in the books I no longer need and checked my schedule for tomorrow. I took out my phone and I saw there was a text from Jeremy.

From : Jeremy

To: Milea

I'll be picking you up today. Come out, I'm here.