Chapter 2 - Cookies Anyone?

Chapter 2

Charlotte's POV

I sat alone at lunch, as Tyler and Grace were at practise for next week's finals. I look up and see Sawyer and his gang coming towards me; today's not a good day for me. Sawyer is my ex-boyfriend who l dated a year and a half ago and he is known as the 'bad boy' of the school. We only dated for four and a half months before l broke it off with him.

"Oh look who we have here, it's Higgins the Chicken sitting all alone, so sad!"

How l wish l could just kick him in the guts and tell him to f*ck off but if l did that the whole school would turn against me, since he is the most popular guy of the school. Sawyer gave me the nickname 'Higgins the Chicken' after l refused to give him the pleasure he wanted. Without another glance given, l stood up and left to go to my locker to get my books ready for my last two periods of the day.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The school day is over and l'm making my way home. l would usually make my way home with Grace, since she lives a road away from me, but she had to stay after school for cheer practise. As l was about to open the gate, l noticed the guy with the guiff sitting on their porch smoking a cigarette. His arm was covered in tatooes, his hair was in the most perfect quiff and his jawline is just something else. Woah what was l thinking there; l definately wasn't checking him out!

"Hey babe, take a picture, it'll last longer" he shouts and winks at me. Jerk. Who is he to think that l'm checking HIM out.

The door opens and the curly headed guy pops his head out. "Zayn, mate, Paul has called..." why did he stop talking when he saw me? These boys are weird. Without saying another word he ran inside and looked as if he had seen a ghost. Boys! l will never get them.

"See ya round, babe" the Zayn dude called out.

"Yeah, see ya round" l could feel myself blushing. Wait, why was l blushing, they're only some new guys that just moved in this morning.

Opening the door, l take my shoes off and go and greet my mum, who's sitting there marking her students' work. Luckily we didn't get any homework today, so l grab some cookies, pour some milk for myself, head upstairs and change into my comfy clothes. l get my laptop, put my Beats into my phone, listen to music and go onto tumblre. In the corner of my eyes, l see the curly headed guy sitting alone in their back garden, looking at a picture of a young boy and a young girl standing next to a woman holding a newborn baby. He turns around and sees me looking at him. He has a shocked face and his facial expression showed that he was not expecting me to be standing there looking at him.

Confused, l turn around and as l was about to sit down, my mum calls me.

"Charlie darling come down here and take these cookies that l baked earlier to the boys nexts door. l'm sure they'll be hungry after all the moving." my mum is the only person that calls me Charlie and she could not be serious right now! They could be serial killers for all l know and one of them acts as if they've seen a ghost whenever l'm around. l don't complain or argue because my mum will still make me go whether l want to or not.

Not being bothered to change out of my comfy clothes, l go downstairs, collect the cookies and go next door and knock on their door. l hear shouting coming from inside and it sounds as they're fighting over food; and irish accent is yelling that he wants the last slice and a stern and loud voice yells at them to be quiet as he comes to open the door.

"Oh hello, you must be Charlotte Higgins, the girl next door. I'm Liam, Liam Payne by the way." How did he know my name!?

"Hello Liam, uum my mum baked some cookies earlier on and she told me to give you these. Here you go bye!"

"Woah, wait there. Thanks for the cookies and come inside for five minutes so we can all get to know who you are a bit more." I don't know what to say. That's weird, l can always think of something.

"Ok thank you. l'll only come in for five minutes though."

As l walk in, l see the Zayn dude sitting alone texting, the one with his hair to the side and curly haired one on top of each other one the floor and the blonde one standing on the sofa biting a pizza and smirking at the two on the floor.

"Boys! We have a visitor." Liam gets all their attention.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys!

Sorry if this chapter was boring but the little clues from this chapter will all be revealed in other chapters, but not so soon. Please vote and comment on who your favourite 1D member is.

My friend and l have a COMPETITION for you guys! We would like you guys to make a cover for the book and DM it to us on instagram. the WINNER will get a follow on instagram, a follow on wattpad, a shoutout on wattpad and their cover will be used. 2ND PLACE will get a follow on instagram, a follow on wattpad, a shoutout on wattpad and 3RD PLACE will get a follow on instagram and a shoutout on wattpad.

Thanx for reading!

~ A xx

instagram: _theboysnextdoor_