"Do you have a date yet?" Joni asks when they have all calmed down a little.

"Dom says as soon as possible." Rosalina sang. She was so excited. She never thought this would happen in all her life. "We are having the engagement party in two weeks. We wanted to do it sooner but, Dom wants to wait for Teo and other members of the family from Italy to be able to be here you know?" She said not thinking about what she was saying.

Rebecca tried not to make it noticeable but Joni heard her intake of breath. "It will be okay," she whispered in her ear. "You don't have to talk to him. I will be a buffer, okay?" she reassured her. Nodding Rebecca forced herself to regain normal breathing and smiled at Rosalina as she rambled on about her ideas for the wedding.

Two hours later, the girls had talked about nearly every idea that Rosalina had for the wedding and planned to go shopping for dresses the next week. Rebecca and Joni said goodbye to Rosalina as she headed to go meet Domenico. They sat down and there was another knock on the door. Rebecca groaned so, Joni jumped up to answer the door. "It's just T," she said walking back to the couch and flopping down.

"Wow. Thanks," Tobin said taking a seat in the chair closest to Rebecca. "Did you two hear the news yet?" He asked them with slight hesitation. They both nodded Joni was smiling wide and Rebecca was still thinking about what the wedding meant for her.

"What?" she asked her two friends when she noticed they both were looking at her.

"What's wrong?" Tobin asked.

"I don't know. I mean I'm guessing this means that I am going to see Him, huh?" Tobin nodded his head.

"I mean he is the best man so, I guess yeah." Rebecca felt a huge lump in her throat. As much as she wanted to say different, she wasn't over Vincent yet. She loved him and she was still comparing him to every guy she went out with. Which is why she wasn't too upset when Vincent's men ran them off. She would have done the same eventually too. Just without the threat of bodily harm.

"You know maybe this is your second chance with him," Joni shrugged with a huge smile. She really did think that Rebecca was meant to be with Vincent but, she had kept her mouth shut. She had held Rebecca while she broke down and cried for the first two days and called Vincent every name she could think of until she finally got her to smile just a little bit. After that Rebecca had asked for him not to be brought up and started focusing on work. Joni was proud of what she had achieved but, she could still see the sadness in her best friends eyes every day. She looked at her friend now who was glaring but the flash of hope, in her eyes was not missed.

"Why don't we all go to lunch. We haven't done that in a while," Tobin suggested.

"Yes. Lunch is a great idea," Joni clapped his hands. "Let me go get dressed," she paused and pointed at Rebecca, "Make sure she showers," she scrunched up her nose. Tobin laughed and Rebecca glared.

When Joni had left he turned to her. He tried to not let her see the sad face he was wearing knowing how she hated people pitying her. "How are you really doing thinking about seeing him?" Rebecca shrugged.

"It's not like I have much say in it. I mean he is Dom's cousin and best man. I guess I will suck it up." she felt like crying she really did. She wasn't stupid and she knew that it would be hard. He would look good and most likely have a date... she groaned at the realization.

"What is it?"

"Is he... He didn't..." Rebecca couldn't bring herself to ask the question she was dying to know. She flopped herself on the couch and ran her hands through her hair. Tobin had guessed where she was going and sat down beside her.

"You basically forbade us to talk about him since it happened you know," he pointed out to her and earned a nod. "If I had been able to, I would have told you how he was more miserable than he had ever been. He also has been with anyone else." Tobin sent her a big smile when her head snapped in his direction. "I wouldn't lie to you just to make you feel better. You know this about me." Rebecca felt her smile grow the more she thought about the fact that Vincent maybe didn't move on. Her smile fell when she realized that she had tried so hard to do just that.

"I'm going to get ready," she said standing up. She had to force herself not to cry. That's what showers were for.

The three friends went to lunch where Joni retold them every detail about her honeymoon while they pretended like they were hearing it for the first time. After they ate, Tobin had to go back to work. He made sure not to mention the Vincent was the one who asked him to come in.

"You want to go shopping? I have a couple of hours before Isaac will be home from work," Joni asked Rebecca who nodded. Joni told Rebecca about a dinner she had to attend with Isaac later in the week and she wanted help finding something to wear. It was almost two hours before they she finally found something she liked and allowed Rebecca to drag her home.

"Thanks for your help, Becs," Joni smiled at her friend. She bit her lip and wondered if she should say what she was thinking.

"Out with it," Rebecca sighed at her. She was pretty sure she knew what she was going to say but, she would allow her friend to say what she felt she needed to say. Joni reached for the handle on her front door before whipping around to look at Rebecca.

"I just am worried about the party. Are you going to be okay? What if he shows up with someone? You still love him I'm sure, right?" Joni rushed out. Rebecca laughed.

"Joni, I love you and I am so thankful that you are worried. But you don't need to be. I will be fine. If he shows up with someone, I will just have to deal with it," She shrugged. She hadn't thought about the fact that Vincent might not be alone at the party. She couldn't show that she was starting to panic at that thought. She had told her that she would be fine but she was already not okay with it. "Look. I'm tired and I have a meeting early with some investor's tomorrow," she told Joni as she turned to her door and walked to it. She quickly unlocked it and flew inside. As soon as the door was shut, she slid down the door and broke down in tears. This time she was alone but, it was what she needed. No one could know just how much she loved Vincent or just how much she missed him. They would all think she was insane if they knew that she thought of him nearly all day most days. She would allow herself this breakdown and then she would pick herself up and focus on being Rosalina's maid of honor.

She went to her room and took a shower before throwing on some fuzzy pajama's before heading to the kitchen where she pulled out a tub of ice cream, she planned to eat all of while curled up on the couch watching movies guaranteed to make her cry. "Just one more night. Then he gets no more of my tears," she told herself. 

Here you go chapter 1 of book 2! I'm super excited for what's to come with everyone. The plans are pretty laid out so you shouldn't have to wait too long in between updates this time around, providing I don't have a ton of writer's block. Don't forget to vote and comment tell me what you are hoping happens this time around.