Chapter 18: Bloodbath part I

Start from the beginning

"Beard of Thor! What is that?!" Gobber murmured to himself as the sight of such a titan tearing apart the Stone-head tribe fleet as if it were child play to the dragon. Suddenly, flaming catapults were fired from the Dane fleet and were heading directly for the Hooligan ships. "Odin help us all." Stoick prayed to himself before turning towards his crew and barking out. "Veer left!! Avoid those catapults!!" The Hooligans rowing the ships rowed with all their might to avoid the flaming catapults raining down upon them and continued to watch in horror as that massive dragon continued to tear apart Ivar's fleet.

Stoick suddenly looked up to the heavens and gasped at the sight of Valka riding the dragon who took her away from him and turned his wife into somebody he didn't even recognize. The feral dragon woman then swung her staff above her head and then pointed towards the vast fleet of Vikings, then out of the heavens came forth a massive swarm of dragons and they all roared out before engaging the fleet of Vikings.

"Dragons up above!! ARCHERS, SHOOT THEM OUT OF THE SKY!!!" Stoick roared out, the archers on board nocked their arrows, took aim and let their arrows fly. Volley after volley of sharpened steel struck many dragons down, though the dragons were able to evade the arrows and return fire on the Vikings, successfully sinking handfuls of Hooligan ships and many more of Berks allies ships.

And the Danes hardly had to do anything, all they were doing was watching the massacre take place.

(Hiccup's pov)

When Ivar the Witless and his fleet were halfway at our doorstep? I was beyond shocked to see such a massive dragon rise from the depths of the sea and began obliterating the Stone-head fleet to bits. My surprise continued as I saw swarms of dragons that weren't our own firing down on Berks fleet as well as its allies fleet.

Then, looking up to the heavens, I laid eyes on a large four winged dragon with a rider on its back, the same type of dragon my men described that my mother rode when she came to visit me in Paris.

Valka.

This... this her supporting me. After abandoning me to suffer at the hands of Berks cruelty, this was her way of apologizing to me and asking me to give her a second chance. A smile graced my lips as I then turned to my crew and cried out. "Ramming speed!! Give my mother and her dragons the support she needs to drive our enemy back!!!" My crew grunted in acknowledgment and began rowing with every ounce of strength that they had. Turning to my artillery crew, I ordered them to load the catapults, ignite them and let them fly, as the flaming projectiles roared in the air, they crashed down on Stone-head ships, Bog ships and Tree-root ships.

I began laughing at the fools were chose to side with Stoick and Berk, they didn't have to suffer nor did they have to partake in my vendetta against Berk, but they did and have now paid the price for it with their lives. The sight of my mothers alpha dragon letting out a might roar and then unleashing a wave of teal colored ice toward the Meathead ships caused me to laugh even more, the ice penetrated right through the ships; sending debris, supplies and Meathead Vikings falling down to the below freezing waters.

Looking down below me, I could see my massive ship crushing any Vikings that were desperately trying to flee the freezing waters, I licked my lips pleasantly to see trails of blood pooling in the water; no doubt the Vikings below were being torn to pieces by the barnacles beneath my ship. Turning my attention back to the fight, I could see Stoick and handfuls of his allies ships veering hard left and trying to reach a large island which I was unfamiliar with, but never the less, I turned to my artillery crew and ordered them to bombard the cowards fleeing.

As more flaming catapults rained down my fathers fleet and his allies fleet, I watched with satisfaction to see handfuls of their ships being blow to pieces and the souls on board being burned to an unrecognizable crisp and then falling into an icy watery grave. What started with at least five thousand ships from the enemy was now reduced to at least... eight hundred in just thirty minutes tops.

My artillery crew was prepared to fire again, but I turned around and ordered them to cease fire. "They've received enough battering! Now it is time to beat the fight completely out of them on land." My Danes let out triumphant roars at the fleeing enemy as they sailed to the massive island to the left.

"Dragon rider incoming King Haddock!!"

Looking up, I could see that four winged dragon descend down on the deck of my ship while my warriors had bows pointed at my mother and her dragon and my personal bodyguards formed a shield wall around me, I however ordered them all to stand down as I approached my mother. She slid off her dragon and removed her mask, and approached me. "Hi-Hiccup... I-I'm sorry. I'm sorry for leaving you in a world of hurt and suffering, I should've been there for you and I—"

I silenced Valka's words as I pulled her into a warm and loving hug, she gasped in surprise, but I then whispered in her ear to reassure her fears of rejection. "You came to support me. Even when I wanted nothing to do with you." I pulled away from the hug yet grasped my mothers arms gently, we looked into each others eyes and I smiled widely and genuinely at her. "My mother." She then laughed and broke down in relived and happy sobs as she then murmured. "My son." We then embraced once more and I chuckled lightly as I could hear the enemy crying out curses to the gods for... 'abandoning' them. They've now been weakened even further and now we will engage them man on man and in open battle.

And when we emerge victorious? Berk will be burned to the ground.