26

Kat pov
I handed Sam Erin's phone and saw the shock rush over him when he scrolled.
It's Erin's old phone she gave it to me earlier and asked me to wipe the phones drive but when I tried it gave me a message saying the "locked photos needed to be unlocked"before  the memory drive can be wiped.
When I got to the "locked photos" it was password protected or you needed your thumbprint to access them, and to my surprise my thumbprint was still in her phone and the photos were unlocked.
I looked through the photos for a half hour in absolute horror. The oldest picture was from when Erin would have been 9. Earlier then when she told us it started.
Sam pov
K- what do we do?
S- like talk to her about it?
K- I don't know, should we talk to Colby and Jake first?
S- what if they didn't know either?
Just as She opened her mouth the sound of glass shattering came from upstairs with a scream
S- ERIN!
I yelled as I sprinted upstairs with kat right at my heals
I prepared myself for whatever I might see as I threw the bathroom door open, revealing the window completely busted in and a brick with something rubber banded to it. Erin was lying on the floor half covered by a towel crying.
K-what the hell happened!?
I bent down grabbing another towel and putting it over her
S- are you hurt, did it hit you?
She nodded unable to talk through the sobbing
K- where?
I put my hand to her back trying to calm her down but she screamed. I quickly took my hand away that was now covered in blood and saw there was a gash in her back the length if the brick and glass shards in her back and her shoulder as well.
S- someone's outside, stay with her and call 911!
I yelled from down the hall running outside
I opened the front door and through the gate outside and looked down the street and just barely caught a glimpse of a black car speeding away.
Realizing there was nothing I could do I ran back inside and upstairs.
When I got back to the bathroom Kat was on the phone with 911 giving our address before she hung up.
K- ambulance is 5 minutes out
S- okay, go get two pillows off my bed
Sage did as I asked and when she hit back handed then to me
S- okay Erin, look at me, i know it hurts but We need to get these under your stomach and head okay
Erin pov
Sam picked my head up and slid a pillow under it then did the same with my stomach, he held my body up and Kat slid it under
S- go get your shoes on and flag down the ambulance
Kat ran out and Sam grabbed my hand
S- Erin, hey look at me
I could barely hear him over my sobs my back burned like hell and felt tingly at the same time.
I wanted to tell him what just happened but I could barely form words.
E- th- the brick!
I cried
S- the brick
I saw him look around then find it about a foot from my feet. He grabbed it and took the note off then shoved it in his pocket. As I could hear the paramedics running up the stairs things started to go fuzzy and my hearing diminished to a loud ringing just before everything went dark.
               2 a.m. in the emergency room
Sam pov
We've been here for 5 hours now and Erin is on some heavy pain meds. She was sedated a few hours ago to help her calm down and she's just now starting to come around again. The doctor says she's gunna be loopy and groggy for a while and they want to keep her for the rest of the day and she could be released later tonight if everything checks out.
Looking at my phone I click on Colby's name and put the phone to my ear.
It rings for a while before he picks up.
C- Sam it's 4 a.m. what's up
S- I need you to get Jake and go somewhere private right now
C- what happened? Is it Erin! She she okay? Is the baby's okay?
Kat pov
The cops met us at the hospital and I just brought them to Erin's room so she can try and walk us through what happened, she was still sleeping when they first got here so they offered to come back when she was more lucid.
       (Officer 1 -O1 Officer 2- O2 Doctor -D)
D- she is still under medication so tread lightly
The doctor stayed in the room but moved out of the way to let the officers do their thing
O2- Erin my name is Carl, and this is my partner Debbie. Is it okay if we ask you a few questions
She nodded
O1- can you start by walking us through what happened?
E- I finished t-taking a shower, a-and my phone, my phone was ringing..b- but it was from a...a blocked number, so I- I didn't answer it.
She paused to take a breath, then continued
E- the window w-was cracked and I-I thought I heard t- the gate, and then..a brick..came crashing through my w-window..
K-it's okay, your okay
I said as she sat up and I grabbed onto her, she silently cried for a few moments then laid back down
O1- is it correct that your uncle was convicted on multiple charges including, aggravated assault, abuse of a minor, rape of a minor, statutory rape, and refusing arrest?
E- yes
O2- were you informed that he escaped from prison during a gang rival fight over one week ago?
Erin fell silent
E- w-what?..