Kiera

Season three of Sherlock was all rapped up. For now, Benedict could sit and relax, but he knew soon enough that he was going to be called in to start the script reading for his new project (not The Hobbit). It was called The Imitation Game and it was a true story about a man trying to decode enigma, otherwise known as the German code used in World War II.

But, for now, he was relaxing...

...Sort of.

It's been over a week since Tom told him he was straight. Ben was still a bit depressed over the fact, but he needs to look forward into his career.

Today he was going to meet up with Kiera Knightly to get to know one another before they begin working together.

He was excited honestly. Who needs Tom? Ben was finally going to do something new with new people.

And Tom was out of his mind, finally.

+++

Benedict was meeting Kiera at an independent café in that blurred line splitting downtown and the outskirts of London. Family owned, it was called "Joan's Café". How creative, Ben thought.

It didn't take long for Benedict to spot Kiera at a little table out front. She was scrolling and scrolling on her phone. He needed to resist the urge to go up and scare her. Instead, he made a more casual approach.

"Kiera?" he came up.

She immediately put her phone away blushed a little. "Oh! H-hello, Benedict! It's a pleasure to finally meet you!" she said.

"Likewise," Ben answered.

He pulled out the chair across from her, it's metal legs making an annoying screeching noise on the concrete.

They invested in heavy conversation getting to know one another, laughing at each other's stories.

After nearly two and a half hours, Ben and Kiera bid farewell.

"Well, I am very excited to work with you, Kiera." Ben said.

"Same with me, Benedict." Kiera answered.

Before Ben could say anything else, she was walking away. Ben turned the opposite direction. It wasn't until he got back to his flat that he found he was blushing.