Chapter 8

Athira Patel

We feel so good when we touch something soft and smooth with our hands. It's like there is nothing worth in this world than this thing. It's the same feeling I'm getting when something is touching at the bottom of my feet and it felt like someone is making my feet wet. No, it's not someone, I think something is licking my feet and its smooth fur is touching alongside the bottom of my feet.

Wait... What... God something is licking at my feet, I suddenly got up from my bed and snatched my feet towards me and folded them in front of me holding them with my both hands looking at what is the reason.

"My goodness Casper. What are you doing in my room? How did you get out of Dev's apartment?" I asked looking at him who is just wiggling his tail at me and standing at the Corner of the bed. Why Dev brought Casper with him to my house when he clearly knows how much my father dislikes dogs. I thought of calling him so I started searching for my mobile in a bedside stand, then I have noticed that it is not my room and I am at Dev's and Rishi's apartment. Now I understood why Casper is here since it's Dev's room. But how did I get into his room? Then again I remembered about yesterday's events about us going to the pub, meeting Abhilash, kissing him, and about Dev's work location and all. Everything got back to me and I just simply sat in the middle of the bed catching my head. Slight headache has been started, maybe because of yesterday drinks. But still, my mind is so clear of the events that took place between Abhilash and me. I cannot forget the way he was looking at me yesterday and I cannot forget how good it felt when he touched me and kissed me. Oh God, that kiss was mind-blowing. I have never been kissed like that up to now, it's not like I have kissed many of them but still compared to Akash kisses his kiss was breathtaking one. It was one of the special moment for me or should I say it was the only special moment for me up to now in my life. It was just one night with him but I can say that I got attracted to him and it is first since Akash. He didn't even try and I agreed to kiss him, I don't even want to think what happens if he really tried to make me stay in contact with him. Might as well have accepted to his offer. And I'm thankful that he didn't force me to stay in contact. I don't want to have any type of relationship with him because I know it definitely won't be friendship between us. I slowly got up from the bed and went inside the bathroom to fresh up and have a nice relaxing bath.

After getting ready by wearing one of my dress which I bought yesterday with me, I went looking for my friends to eat something since I'm feeling very hungry. I don't think I have eaten anything since yesterday evening. I entered into the hall to see Rishi is sitting on the dining table eating Omelette with orange juice, while Riya is preparing food in the Kitchen. There are no whereabouts of Dev, so, I think he went to the gym or for jogging. I took a seat opposite to Rishi and placed both my hands below my chin on the table.

"Good Morning Rishi," I said to which he smiled and wished me back with a mouthful of Omelette. "At Least you could complete what you were eating in your mouth before you wish me," I said shaking my head. He started to say something again to which Riya slapped his head with her right hand and kept the plate filled with two Omelettes and one Sandwich in front of me with her left hand. And gave One orange juice glass also.

"Thank you, Darling. That is why you are the best." I said taking one big bite from my omelette. Since it's my favourite, I cannot wait any further to devour it.

"Ha I know that this acting is only for my omelette," she said giving me don't you dare look "now stop acting and spill," she said staring at me with seriousness in her face.

I choked what I'm eating due to the sudden unexpected question from her. I stopped eating by placing my fork on the plate coughing and took the water bottle from the table and drank from it avoiding eye contact from her. Once my cough is diminished I took my fork and said "I don't know what you are talking about. There is nothing to spill" cutting one piece and eating it.