Chapter 5 - Family 'Games'

After Marco arrived back at his house he almost forgot to sneak in. He went underneath his window and began to make his way up the house. He silently opened the window and entered with caution.

"Good. They're not here." He mumbled to himself. He closed the window and threw of his bedsheets so he could enter and sleep the night away, forgettimg all of the pain, all of the suffering, everything.

As he lay down, he thought of what Star said. "Are you sure this was just your parents?" The words replayed like a record player. I can't tell her. Then there'll be more drama that I can't be bothered handling. Marco gazed at the closet, deep in thought. Only if I can't take it.

He removed his eyes from the closet and was lost in thought. Marco knew Star was right about talking to his parents but he also knew it wouldn't do anything to help him. I could at least try. For Star. If anything got to out of hand I could just call the police. That would be harder than Marco thought and he knew it. If his parents found out he would be murdered on the spot.

He closed his eyes and drifted of into a sleep... almost. Not long after Angie burst open the door and yelled at the top of her lungs. "Would you shut up! We're watching TV!" Marco stared and gave a shaky nod. "Good. And stop walking around!" She slammed the door shut. Perhaps telling them is harder than I thought.

________________

Star was in her room listening to her music when Janna came in. "Hey, Star?" Star looked over at her and removed her earphones.

"What's up?"

"There seems to be a few ingredients missing. You know like cheese and stuff? Was that you?"

"Oh yeah, I was making nachos."

"Oh, thanks." Janna left the room and was about to close the door.

"Hey, Janna!" Star called. Janna stoped in her tracks and turned to Star. "Can you help me?"

"It depends if I can do it."

"Can you help me get some food for Marco tomorrow? He doesn't get fed much at home."

"Ah, so you have a thing for Marco? It's okay, I won't tell." She brought her index finger to her lip an patted it gently. Star rolled her eyes.

"Haha," Star knew Janna. She knew that Janna messes with you like this knowing you don't actually like them. Star liked him, but just as a friend... for now. "So, will you help or not?"

"Yeah, yeah. Remind me tomorrow and i'll help you pick stuff or whatever you need."