Chapter 1 - The New Arrival

Star's PoV

"C'mon Star! We're running late! And om your first day!" I heard Janna scream from downstairs.

"In a minute!" I called back. "Okay." I mumbled to myself. "What else do I meed to do? Brush my teeth? No I already did that. Umm... I feel like i'm forgetting something."

"Star, hurry up sweety!" I heard Janna's Mom call.

"Coming! Ugh! Hurry up, Star. Think!"

"You know what? I'm coming up their to drag you down!" Janna was clearly getting angry. "I'm not one to go to school but I don't want to get suspended!" Janna kicked open the door to the room I was staying in. "Get your bag and get down here!" That was it! My bag!

"Alright!" I went to my bed and grabbed my bag that was laying under it. Me and Janna bolted down the stairs.

"Have a good first day at your new school, Star!" She shouted as we rushed down the road.

After a few minutes we came to a walk. "Sorry," Janna began. "For screaming at you I mean. I just didn't get any sleep last night."

"It's alright. It was a bit hectic this morning. And if anything it's my fault."

Janna chuckled. "Thanks. Anyway the school's right up ahead. Ready for your first day?"

"Nope!" I giggled. "But I got you with me to show me the ropes, so kinda?"

"Alright! So, what class you going to first?"

"Uhm... I got History."

"Oh, nice! We have the same class!"

"We do? Cool!"

"Yeah! Now you might want to follow me. This giant place can get confusing. You took the tour, yesterday, right?" I nodded. "Okay, so you might not get lost. But just in case, follow me."

Marco PoV

As I walked through the corridors I came across the history class. History: the subject I like.

As I opened the door, I was met with - to no surprise - a room filled with children sitting on desks throwing things. A few people looked up at me but turned straight back to their friends and continued their talk. It was always this mad when the teacher wasn't here. Come to think of it the teacher should've been here by now.

I ignored it and went to my seat and sat on it, holding my head against the table. Five minutes later, the teacher - Mrs. Robinson - came in with Janna and... a new girl?

As the teacher entered the room all the kids darted to their seats. "Alright class," Mrs. Robinson began. "We have a new student today. Please introduce yourself to the class."

"Hi. I-I'm Star Butterfly." Janna walked over to her seat.

"Well, Star, can you please take a seat next to Marco?"

"O-of course." She looked around the room with a puzzled look. The class was small so their were a lot of spare seats. I stuck my hand up, signalling that I was Marco. She saw my hand and walked to the seat to my right.

"Well, now that you have met Star let's get on with the class. Can anyone tell me when yhe Revolutionary War started?" Mrs. Robinson asked.

"Hey!" I heard someone whisper to my right. It was Star. I turned my head to look at her. "Sorry to bother you but do you know what we're doing? It's been a while since I was in a school." What did she mean by that? I'll have to ask Janna between classes. She looks like she knows her.

"Uh, yeah. Just take down notes on what she's saying." I explained.

"Oh thanks!"

________________

During recess I went to look for Janna in the cafeteria. She was sitting at one of the tables next to Star. Great. I walked over to them. "Hey, Janna? Can I talk to you for a second?"

"Sure. You'll be okay, right Star?" Star replied with a nod. "Okay. Be right back." Me and Janna got further away from the table.

"Janna, earlier today Star said to me that she hasn't been to a school in a while. Do you know what she means?"

"Oh yeah, she was an orphan. Me and my mom adopted her."

"What!? You have a sister and didn't tell me?"

"I mean, you don't talk to anyone outside if school."

"Touchè. Anyway, how was she an orphan?"

"Star can tell you that."

"Really? She doesn't sound like the person to talk. And neither do I."

"Trust me, she loves making new friends! She just has trouble doing so, you know?"

"Fine. But i'm blaming you if things get awkward." Me and Janna walked back over to the table Star was sitting at.

"So, Star, Marco here was looking to know your backstory." I gave myself a facepalm.

"O-oh, okay. I guess."

________________

"I'm so sorry, Star." I apologized.

"Don't be. It wasn't your fault." She replied.

"I know, it's just... I feel really bad for you."

"Well it seems you've already made a friend, Star! And a friend with someone who hurts as well." Janna said.

"Janna!" Janna is the only other person who knows what's happening to my life. She swore to not tell another soul. I knew I couldn't trust her.

"Oh shoot! I didn't mean to say that, Marco!"

"Wait, what does she mean, 'someone who hurts as well'?"

"Oh, uh, nothing!"

"Really, Marco? I told you my life, how about you tell me yours!"

"Ugh. Fine! But promise not to tell anyone else."

"I promise."

________________

Star's PoV

"What!?" I shouted in shock.

"Shh!" He hushed.

"Sorry." I can't believe that happens to Marco! He seems like such a nice guy! "Oh, Marco! Are you okay?"

"Yeah, it's just a bit sore."

"Don't you try and fix it? Or tell a doctor?"

"No! I can't tell a doctor 'cause they'll get suspicious! And I can't do it myself. I don't know how."

"Well, I know. If you want, I could fix your wounds for you."

"What? No, you don't have to-"

"I insist."

"Love is in the air." Janna teased making me and Marco both blush.

"Shut up, Janna!" We yelled in unison.
________________

How was that for a first chapter? I feel like I made them meet way to soon but that's up to you guys to decide.