Conspiracy

It was a sabbath like no other. Despite being newlyweds, the knowledge that it was clearly done and over with for the Hope of Israel, had the small family at a loss for words. Joel and Robert grieved internally, perhaps more so Robert than any. He was always there as often as he was able to. He was Peter's shadow who shadowed Jesus. No more than one tear exited his eyes though. He had to be strong. Having Joel as head of the household was still new for Robert, he was the man of the house for so long. In truth, he was never so grateful to have a father again. Joel openly wept but cleaned up quickly to comfort the women who grieved most of all. Both of the girls could cry at the drop of the hat and Mavy was unable any longer to provide strength to carry them through. Hadn't they been through enough loss?

 Hadn't they been through enough loss?

Satan shrieked

Mary Magdalene and her friend Mary couldn't wait any longer

Mary Magdalene and her friend Mary couldn't wait any longer. As it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, they came to see the sepulcher that Joseph of Arimathea had used, craving the body of Jesus. They screamed in unison, cleaving hold to one another as the earth shook beneath their feet, their prepared spices to anoint Jesus falling about them.

Mary tried not to wail as she glanced at their work, wasted. She threw her head in her hands, weeping, only glancing up when she felt her friend gripping her. Neither of the women had noted why the ground shook, not realizing that it was an angel that had rolled back the great stone from the tomb's door. He was as bright as lightning, his clothing white as snow. Upon his entrance, those that guarded the tomb shook, falling like dead men.

Slightly bemused, he sat upon it. These were the people for whom their God of glory had offered up His life. They had watched in amazement as the plan of salvation had unfurled before them. Eruptions of ecstatic praises could be heard, but only in the spiritual realm.

God has done all things well!

"Fear not ye! I know that ye seek Jesus, which was crucified."

And can it be that the glorious God of heaven should stoop so low to redeem man! Glorious! Glorious in resplendent holiness!

"He is not here! He's risen, just as He said!"

Glorious is our God, our Savior, Redeemer, and King!

"Come, see the place where He laid!"

The woman gaped at him. He cocked his head, smiling brilliantly.

Just believe. Worship Him who made heaven and earth and all that in them is!

"Go, on, go quickly now, tell His disciples He has risen from the dead!"

He is Lord of all!

"Behold, He's going before you to Galilee, you'll see Him. Lo, I have told you."

The woman didn't wait, barely having time to process it themselves. With fear and joy exceeding they ran to tell the disciples, and as they ran in their duty for the King, Jesus met them. "All hail!"

"Jesus!" Never so much were tears of joy spilled as they clung to His feet and worshiped Him.

"Be not afraid, go tell my brethren that they go into Galilee, and there shall they see me."

Horror filled the hearts of the leaders of the Jews when word came to them that Jesus tomb was empty. "Listen," they conspired, giving bags of money unto the soldiers "Let's keep the same story. They'll believe us! Say that His disciples were so desperate that they came during the night and stole the body. If Pilate should here, we'll persuade him that you speak the truth."

The soldiers weren't about to refuse free money, taking the money and repeating the fact that the disciples stole Jesus. And so they continued the falsehood.

In an upper room, hidden, the disciples mulled over what had transpired before the woman at the tomb, as while they spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, "Peace be unto you."

James clutched his heart, terrified. A ghost!

Perfect love casts out fear.