As Often as Ye Eat

Judas was angry. He was bitter that he'd been told off about his outburst that Mary should have poured such an expensive perfume on Jesus, instead of it sold and him given the money to do with as he pleased. He knew the teaching of Jesus. He knew that there would be treasures in the life to come. But he didn't want to wait. Satan entered him. He'd given himself over. Given a foothold.

It was well known that the chief priests wanted Jesus dead, so he went unto them. Maybe, just maybe they could strike a deal, but only if the price was right.

"If I deliver Jesus unto you, how much will you give me?"

"Thirty pieces of silver."

Thirty pieces of silver for a man's life. Sadly, from that time forward he sought the opportunity to betray Jesus.

 Sadly, from that time forward he sought the opportunity to betray Jesus

While Jesus' disciples prepared the Passover, on the other side of the town Mavy and Estelle were fussing, putting together a wedding. It wasn't the first time rumors had gone about that Jesus was sought after to be killed. Nothing had ever happened, and likely things would simmer down as they always seemed to do. The children needed a father figure, and Joel loved them all. She never would have imagined that she'd be given a new love. Hope. Not just for this temporal world, but knowing that even in eternity they'd be together, no gulf betwixt.

Over supper, Jesus spoke somberly, "Verily I say unto you, that one of you shall betray me."

It was dinner talk no one wanted to hear. Disturbed, each one asked, "Lord, is it I?"

"He that dippeth his hand with me in the dish, the same shall betray me. The Son of man goeth as it is written of him: but woe unto that man by whom the Son of man is betrayed! it had been good for that man if he had not been born."

Judas sniveled, "Master, is it I?"

"Thou hast said," Jesus didn't dwell on it, taking a loaf a bread in his hand, praying over it, passing it to His disciples with curious speech, "Take, eat; this is my body," and over the goblet, "Drink ye all of it; For this is my blood of the ne...

"Thou hast said," Jesus didn't dwell on it, taking a loaf a bread in his hand, praying over it, passing it to His disciples with curious speech, "Take, eat; this is my body," and over the goblet, "Drink ye all of it; For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins. But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom."

It was simple. And when they had sung a hymn, they went out into the mount of Olives.

 And when they had sung a hymn, they went out into the mount of Olives