Chapter 37

Woooooo I have updated. Enjoy.

~Rissa

_______________________________________________________________________

I read the note again before looking at the one that it came from. My head was pounding, and I was very confused. I had a feeling that he was talking about the group that Theodore and Cromwell was a part of, but I didn't know how he knew about it.

"Ky?" my grandmother asked, gently. She hesitantly placed her hand on my shoulder and squeezed my hand when I placed mine over hers. "Tell us what you are thinking."

"Does he know?" I asked, my voice cracking. "That I am... you know." I didn't look at them but stared at the papers as if they were the most interesting thing in the world.

And, to be honest, they were. These letters contained information that made my heart flutter. I saw that Andrei loved me just as much as I loved him, if not more and that something was wrong.

Something happened to him that caused him to hate me so much, and I was curious as to what. I had a feeling that they knew something, but I had no idea if they would be able to tell me. I didn't even know if they themselves understood what had happened to Andrei.

"I don't know how much he knows, but I think he knows that you are their Savior for whatever reason," Grandma Tabitha said. She glanced at Grandpa Fernos when he cleared his throat. "I know, Fernos," she said, her voice having a sort of edge to it. She scowled when he scowled.

"He knows about the group," my grandfather said. He pursed his lips and stared at the letter in my hand. "I don't know how he knows about the group, but he does."

I moved a hand through my hair and sighed, nodding my head. "Does that mean they're in danger?" I asked, looking at my grandfather.

Grandpa Fernos shook his head. "No," he said. "The group is safe."

I sighed with relief and nodded again. "So, what is the plan now?" I asked, tiredly. "I think he knows about the pack, also and warned me about them."

"Wait..." Cromwell furrowed his brows, and I could see the confusion in his eyes. "What do you mean?" he asked.

I sighed and pushed the paper in front of him. "This," I said, pointing to the part that said "tongue that spits out white fire." "It is talking about the White Tongue Pack."

"How do you know?" Cromwell asked. "It could be talking about something else." He studied the note before looking at me. He was serious.

I shrugged my shoulder, not knowing how to describe what I was feeling to him. "It feels right," I said, hesitantly. "I do not like the pack that I am staying at, and then there are three words that describe that pack in the letter."

Cromwell nodded his head and didn't ask for a deeper explanation. "Did you pick up on anything else?" he asked, ignoring the dissatisfied look his brother sent his way. "From the letters?"

I skimmed through both letters before shaking my head. "The only thing that I notice that is he is in a group, and some of them are being controlled as well. It doesn't say who started controlling them or for how long."

"May I see?" Grandpa Fernos asked. He took the letters when I handed them to him. He read through them, quickly before handing them back. He found something; I could tell by the look on his face, but he wasn't going to say anything.

"Well?" I asked, raising an eyebrow. I scowled when he didn't reply. "I know you found something, Grandfather."

Grandpa Fernos didn't reply, but his scowl deepened. He looked at my grandmother, and I watched as they talked silently amongst themselves.

"Why don't you go get them, Dear?" my grandmother said, her voice stiff. "I think we are done here. Your grandfather and I have things to discuss while I finish up with what you had given me."

"Take Cromwell with you," my grandfather added. He didn't look at his brother, ignoring his scowl. "Show him around the place."

I set my jaw but didn't push farther because I knew he wouldn't answer me. "What about the box?" I asked, letting him hear that I was dissatisfied with the turn in events.

"Put the box in your bag. You will be taking it to your room when you get back, yes?" he asked. He nodded his head when I nodded. "Put the dagger around your waist."

I didn't say a word but did what I was told to do, making sure that it was on the other side of my waist. I could feel the disagreement starting again and hissed softly at them to make them stop.

My grandmother looked at the daggers on my waist and snorted, noticing the tension between them. "Name?" she asked, looking at me.

"Death," I replied, grabbing my bag. I set it on the table and opened it up. "The name means death, and i- he doesn't like Bloodlust." I placed the box into the bag and zipped it up before standing.

"Well, of course not," she mused. "They both want blood. You're going to want to train with him later but make sure not to make Bloodlust jealous. They'll agree with each other soon."

I huffed but nodded my head. I knew that they would agree with each other soon, but I wasn't sure when. I knew that I would become exhausted if they were at each other's throat and hoped it wouldn't be often.

"If need be, you can put him in the box," my grandfather said. "He won't like it, but you are more comfortable with Bloodlust than with him for now."

I shot my grandfather a grateful look before nodding my head. "Ok," I said. I looked at Cromwell and noticed him scowling at his brother. "Come on, Cromwell, let's leave these old farts to argue it out. I think I know where Emmanuel took them, so it will be quite a walk."

"Kyler Rose," my grandmother gasped. She reached out to grab me, but I was too quick and at the door before she could grab me.

I gave her a cheeky grin and watched as she smiled and shook her head. "I love you," I teased.

She rolled her eyes. "Just go," she said. "I'll have everything ready for you when you get back. After that, you and your cousin can go over what you have asked him to bring."

I nodded my head and watched as Cromwell walked closer to me. I stayed silent and offered him a small smile before I left, leaving my grandfather and my grandmother behind.

Hopefully, there would be no bloodshed because I knew that things were about to get messy between them, each one of them trying to protect me some way, somehow.