Taylor ~~Chapter Five~~

Start from the beginning

“Hey Alex, I was wondering if you wanted to go out to eat.”

 “Yeah sure.” She looks me over.

“Come here I need to talk to you.” I nod and Chris lets go of me. She yanks me into the bedroom and slams the door behind her.

“Ow… What do you want?” She shakes her head and tosses me a black string bag that was from my closet at home.

“Girl you look like a mess… take a shower before we leave.”

 I sighed. “Where exactly do I do that?”

“I’ll show you” She says leaving and I follow her. “Here.” She gestures to a door. I sigh swinging the bag over my shoulder. I walk inside, public bathrooms, great. A row of sinks, a row of toilets, and a row of showers. I took a deep breath of the smell of bleach and walked to the farthest shower.

 I covered my bandage with a piece of plastic, got undressed, and got in the shower. I watched as red and brown liquid drops into the drain. My hair was long enough to be below my stomach but, when it curled naturally it was a fair amount below my shoulders. It hurt to raise my hand with my shoulder so, I resulted to doing everything with one hand. I eventually turned the water off and dried wrapping my hair in a towel.

 I got dressed in a bright blue shirt with a black tank underneath, black jeans, and tan flats. I looked at myself in the mirror and wrapped my hair into a wet braid. My life is turned upside down once more. I have to start fresh once again but, even worse instead of being out of danger I was dropped right in. I am not going to be able to escape.

I tied my hair off in the yellow ribbon and threw everything back into the string bag. I exited the bathroom. I stopped outside of the bedroom. “I don’t think we should let her go back to the mortal world just yet.” Clarisse warns.

“She be fine… we can’t keep her cooped up here forever.” Violet says. “But, looked what happened with Taylor. Her emotions are controlling her powers that she doesn’t know a clue how to control and we don’t know either. We don’t want her to expose herself in front of the mortals.” Clarisse responds. I heard someone sigh.

“She will be fine as long as we don’t leave her out of our sight.” Chris then says.

“If anything happened it is on you two.” Clarisse says and scoffs.

“Let’s just go…” Chris says and opens the door. He stops when he sees me. I look at the floor. Violet pushes past him.

She sees me and sighs but, didn’t dare say anything. She grabbed the string bag from me and threw it into the bedroom to be picked up later. The three of them lead me out of the building into the chilly night air. We walk up a small hill lit with small glowing lanterns. The stop when they reach a black slate wall that seemed out of place. Strange silver carvings stood as its border.

“The only way from our world to the mortal world is a portal. They can be created by a solid surface with these carvings. We already have one in the back of the school, park, our houses, and the library.” Clarisse explains and I nod.

She the steps through the black slate as if it was liquid. My eyes widen and Chris intertwines his hand with mine. “Ready?” I nod slowly and he pulls me into the wall and I went through with a feeling of a cold breeze. I ended up facing the woods behind my house, behind my shed. Violet jumps out right behind me.

We then make our way around my house to the town. We drove Violets car which was some way or another already in front of my house. Chris constantly looked out the window at the surroundings as if waiting for another car to slam into us again. I glared at my hands folded in my lap.

We eventually pulled into a diner and went inside. It was an old cozy café. The walls were wallpaper with yellow wallpaper with art of other old diners, cars, farms, etc. A waiter with a white apron comes up and leads us to our seats. We all order our drinks while scanning the menu. Once we order, Clarisse and Violet go off in comforting mindless chatter. I stare out the window watching cars pass, while Chris watched me.

I have a family. I have powers that I have no idea what they are and I clearly can’t control them, so far the only people able to help me are my two best friends Clarisse and Violet. Chris the guy who is apparently now my guardian is here to help too. People are out there wanting to use me or kill me. I have one question left. Is my life going to change completely and never be the same again?

((Hey well here is the fith chapter!!! Like it? Hate it? comment! I would love to hear your guys opinions I am not afraid of constructive crtisism as long your not just writing this sucks or whatever. Read my friends books there are absolutly amazingg!! "Belive in second chances" and "Natures outlaws" Also a shoutout to Cheshiremichaelis to giving me the idea of the book in the first place!! have a good rest of the week!