Chapter 23

QoTD: "The sun'll come out tomooorrrrooowww!" We're doing Annie for the school play.

-------------------

Jordan's POV

"Josh, what are we going to do with you?" I sigh.

"Hey, I sorted things out! I found a plane!" he replies happily.

"Josh. You have not sorted things out. If you book yourself onto the plane, you will not have enough money to live for a week. Therefore that is not an option."

"Then what are you suggesting? Stay in Paris and see how long $100 lasts?" he answers, stressing. I can see his point. If I was stuck in Paris with not a lot of cash, I'd be stressed too.

"No." I try to calm him down.

"Then what the hell should I do?" Okay, maybe that didn't work.

"Don't buy a plane ticket just yet. We'll see what we can do."

"Like?"

"Um... well, do you have a credit card with you?"

"Yeah, I think so."

"If you give me the card's number, maybe I can pay you money and then you can pay for accommodation?"

"That's quite a good idea, actually."

"I know right! What's your card number?"

"Just a sec... 5848 4839 3947 3859." I quickly copy it down into a scrap of paper.

"Good. Okay, I'll go do that. Don't buy the plane ticket til you've got more money though."

"Hm. I'm counting on you, Jordan."

"You can count on me like 1, 2, 3..." I sing.

"Jordan," says Josh.

"Yes?"

"Your music video things... you didn't sing on them, did you?"

"What like TNT and stuff?"

"Mm hm."

"No, Igor - TryHardNinja - did."

"I can see why."

Zoe's POV

"Aha! A flight to Miami in five hours!" Amy says gleefully, pointing to the screen of the computer in the tourist office. "I win!"

"I wasn't competing," I reply irritatedly. She gives me a very sarcastic glare. "Okay, whatever. So, five hours to do what we want."

"Not as such."

"Whatdya mean? The flight's in five hours, therefore we have five hours."

"Zoe, simple maths. We have to be at the airport two hours early, and it'll take us half an hour to get there."

"Which leaves us?"

"You work it out, idiot. Two and a half hours."

"Oh." I'm not really sure what we could do to fill that time space - it's not long enough to go anywhere interesting, but it's too long to sit around twiddling our thumbs. "I don't know Chicago. Do you know what there is on offer to do?"

"No idea," she replies, frowning. Then Jordan hurries up to us.

"Right, we need to find a bank."

"Uh, why?" I ask rudely.

"I need to save Josh!"

"Aw, that's cute," I tease him.

These chapters are getting shorter and shorter. Oh well, in long chapters you kind of lose your focus a bit. Yeah, that's my excuse.

Is anyone else here British? If so, are you watching the Great British Bake Off? I am, and I think Luis's probably going to win. I prefer Richard though.

In PE today I climbed a rope - only four people in my class managed to do it :) but then I gave myself friction burns from it. It hurts :'(

See you next update unless I die.

Katy xx