Chapter 8

More than 100 reads! I never thought that I would get more than about 10! You are so amazing! You know that, right?

Onwards, my friends.

All too soon, it is the final day of my ski holiday. I have been allowed out of the hospital for the last two days, and have mostly spent the time souvenir shopping. I bought my mum a mug with a picture of a snowy mountain on it, and my younger brother, Dillon, a t-shirt with a skier on it. So I've had an enthralling time.

"Hey Zoe," says Jordan, entering my hotel room. He seems to be in my room more than his at the moment. Obviously, he sleeps in his room though.

"Hi! How was your final day's snowboarding?" I ask.

"Pretty good. Perfect weather," he says, pointing to the clear blue sky. 

"Ok, don't rub it in!" I say, rolling my eyes and laughing.

"Sorry. Hey, I got some guy to film me in the snowpark in return for an autograph. Wanna see?" he asks, getting his phone out of his pocket.

"Yeah!" I reply, excited. Jordan's amazing at doing tricks, and it's really cool to watch. He opens his gallery on his iPhone and clicks on the most recent video, then hands it to me. In the video, he is going over a series of jumps, clearing each one with a larger and larger arc. After he goes over each one, I wince, as he seems to only just land each one. On the final jump, he does a 360 degree spin and a backflip, and I gasp.

"Wow!" I exclaim. "I will never understand how you can do that."

"Meh, it's quite easy when you know how," he says casually, shrugging. There is a silence after this, and it's only getting more awkward, so I fill it with what has been troubling me for the past couple of hours.

"Jordan, you live in California, don't you? LA?" 

"Uh, yeah," he says, confused.

"This is our final day's skiing."

"Uh, yeah." After he says this the reality of what I am saying seems to dawn on him. 

"Jordan... I live in Miami," I say slowly. 

"Oh," he replies sadly. He pulls me into his arms and I bury my head into his chest, because I don't know if I'll ever see him again after tomorrow, and I can't bear to lose him. We stand in silence for a minute or two. "Well, I guess there's always Skype. I'll give you my phone number. Hang on..." his face lights up. Uh oh. He's had an idea. "Do you play minecraft?" I duck my head shyly.

"Uh, yeah, I do. All of my friends tease me about it. Well. My old friends. They don't really like me anymore," I mumble. I don't really mean to say it, I'm just thinking aloud.

"Well, your old friends are idiots. To stop being friends ith someone because they like a computer game  - let alone the best flipping game ever - is idiotic. Besides, I don't know why anyone wouldn't like you," he declares, smiling down at me. Well, he's quite short, so it's more like smiling across at me. 

"Thanks," I say, blushing. each of his sweet comments catch me of guard. I'm new to all this. I'm not used to anyone... well, liking me. Even when I was 'friends' with my old friends, I could tell that they thougt that I was messing up the balance. i was too geeky, too weird, too unpopular. All they wanted to do was go shopping (which in my opinion is a stupid name for it, because 15 year old girls never actually buy anything, so it isn't shopping, it's browsing), talk about guys and bitch about other girls. I was more interested in quantum physics than their ideas of a brilliant conversation. The amount of stuff that they talked about that actually interested me was 0, which was fine by them, becuase the amount of times they included me in their conversations was approximately the same number.

"Hi? Earth to Zoe?" Jordan says, waving a hand in front of my face. 

"Oh... yeah. Hi," I reply awkwardly, making him smile. "Sorry, just thinking."

"What 'bout? Do tell," he says excitedly, sitting down on the bed and gesturing for me to do the same. I smile, because he sounds like a child.

"Nah, it's not interesting. So, your idea?"

"We can play minecraft together!" he says, bouncing up and down on the bed with excitement. I rolll my eyes. 

"Honestly, Jordan?" I say. I try to sound like one of the girls from my school, but it fails epically and I laugh instead. "Sounds cool. So what's your minecraft username?"

"Uh... CaptainSparklez," he says, confused. i smack myself in the forehead.

"Oh. Yeah. I am too clever. My minecraft username is ZZZoe. Kinda unimaginative, but never mind..."

"Ok. We can do that then!" he says, smiling. 

"Jordan?" I ask, looking at him.

"Yeah?" he replies. The tone of the conversation has changed. The happiness has gone. 

"I'll miss you."

"Me too." He hugs me close, and I breathe in his deep, warm smell. I never want to let go. But I have to. After tomorrow, I will most likely never see him again.

I said this at the beginning, but 100 READS?! THAT"S CRAAAYYYZEEEEE! 

Thanks for reading, and please vote if you enjoyed, or comment to tell me how to improve :)

I need a little thing to do when I end a chapter. Hmm. Next update I will have one.

Katy xx