Chapter 18

Hello, my dear readers! I am back from France now! Yes, I had a brilliant time, thanks for asking.

QOTD: "The only good mornings are the ones that start in the afternoon." So true!

Zoe's POV

Me, Jordan, Amy and Jordan's friend, who I think is called Josh, have retreated to a hotel on the outskirts of New York. Curiously, we are all staying at the same hotel. This does not seem like a coincidence to me.

"So, we have two rooms," Amy says.

"Is that me-and-you, or me-and-Jordan?" I ask.

"Well, you can choose, but you might regret going with Jordan in nine months time," she says, winking at me. I slap her on the arm.

"Shaddup. No, I'll go with you. I'm guessing you don't want to sleep with Josh - is that his name?"

"Yeah. And yeah. It'll be like a girl's sleepover!" I laugh. It's not like she's very girly. She hates make-up, dresses, skirts, and pretty much everything else of that ilk. Then again, I don't particularly like that stuff either, which makes us a good match.

"You sure you don't want to go with your boooyyyyfriend?" she says, dragging out the word 'boyfriend'. At that moment, my 'boyfriend' glances at us. I blush. "Aw, you really like him, don't you?"

"Yeah...I just...he's just so perfect. He's such a sweet person, and I think he actually cares about me. I don't suppose you know who he is?"

"Yeah, I think he cares about you too. Hang on, what do you mean 'know who he is'? Should I?"

"No, you probably wouldn't." She frowns at me. "He's a youtuber." She sighs.

"Zoe, what have I told you about meeting people that you know on the internet?"

"No, it's not like that! He makes videos - minecraft mostly - and he's just so funny, effortlessly. I loved - love - watching them. You know when I went through a bad time a couple of years ago? His videos helped me through that. He has 7 million subscribers, you know. When I was skiing, I met him on the slopes. We made friends and stuff... and you know the rest," I finish. She smiles.

"I'm glad you've met him. He's changed

you, you know. In a good way. I was worried about you, Zoe - we all were - but me especially. I thought you were going to slip into your depression again. But now you're happier than a kid in a candy shop. It's amazing!"

"I know. He is, isn't he?"

Jordan's POV

Me and Josh have settled into one of the two rooms - the larger of the two, I notice. I wonder if he had anything to do with that. I wonder if he had anything to do with the fact that Zoe and I happened to be in New York at the same time, happened to be in some dodgy pub at the same time, and happened to be staying in the same hotel. Sounds unlikely. I decide to question him about it.

"Josh, what did you arrange for us to be here?" He is instantly defensive.

"What do you mean? Nothing!" he says.

"Josh. Dude. I'm not stupid, you know. Plus we've been friends for 17 years, and I can tell when you're lying."

"Okay, okay, no need to stress... fine. You told me Zoe's name, so I searched her on Facebook-"

"You stalker!"

"All for a good cause! Anyway, I looked at her friends, and who she seemed to be talking to most, and commenting, liking, that sort of thing."

"Amy," I said, catching on.

"Yeah. And I messaged her, and we got chatting. She said Zoe was missing you. I sad you were missing Zoe. So, I had the great idea-"

"You had the great idea?" I interject.

"Stop interrupting! Okay, Amy had the great idea for us all to meet up. But it was my idea to go to New York." He sounds pleased with himself.

"Oh wow! Do you want a gold star?" I say sarcastically.

"Hey, I was the one who contacted Amy in the first place, remember? If it wasn't for me you wouldn't be here! Plus, I paid for you."

"No, I appreciate it, dude. I'm only joking." I smile.

"Good." He beams. I feel an odd urge to hug him - if I were a girl, I probably would, they seem to hug a lot - but I am stopped by the immediate threat of losing my dignity. However, I want to thank him. Properly. Not just words. So I do so in the most manly way possible.

"Hey, Josh, I'll buy you a beer. You deserve it."

And so concludes Chapter 18. What did you think?

I don't really feel like talking right now. I'm not upset or anything. Well, sort of. Meh. I just don't have anything to say.

Please vote and stuffs! It takes -

what? Half a second? - to do, but the smile on my face lasts a lot longer.

Also, four people have added my book to their reading list? Do you know how awesome that is? Especially big thank you to GhostDireWolf, the most recent one, because mine's in a special CaptainSparklez section, and all the other ones are really good ones like The New Guy and Picture Perfect. I feel like I don't deserve it!

As ever, thanks so much, and see you next update unless I die of boredom. School starts again next thursday. I assume that's enough information.

Katy xx