Chapter 4

So, this is a more exciting chapter! It has Jordan's POV in it, but will probably not be great, for one main reason:

-I am not a man, and do not know how they think.

Anyways, onwards, my friends! Yes, I know it's only the fourth chapter, but from the minute you tapped (or clicked, or slapped witchya forehead) this story, you were automatically my friend :)

I smile as I put the ice skates on. I haven't skated for a couple of years now, but when I was younger I used to do figure skating, so I'm actually ok at it.

Meanwhile, from the look of it Jordan has never skated before, and is having trouble walking on the rubber stuff at the edge of the rink, let alone the actual ice. I take his arm and slowly drag him around the rink. He's nearly pulled me over twice already, and I have been told that I have excellent balance.

"Look, do you want me to get a penguin," I sigh, after he trips me up for the umpteenth time. I gesture over to the penguins, a small plastic model (of a penguin) with handles, designed to help kids stay up, or to demean adults.

"No way! I am a grown man!" he replies firmly. However, half a lap later, when he's fallen over twice and almost sprained his wrist, he succumbs to the temptation. It looks so stupid, the great CaptainSparklez hobbling around an ice rink clutching a small plastic penguin, that I can't resist taking a picture. He spots me and tries to chase me, but even though he has the penguin, I am still a fair bit faster than him.

By now the ice rink is completely empty apart from us, since everyone else has gone to have dinner in their chalets. I continue to sprint away from Jordan, with him earnestly trying to keep up whilst not loosening his death grip on the penguin. Eventually he decides he is 'too mature' for a penguin (at which point I can't hold in a laugh, because it's simply not true) and tries to get me to teach him to skate on his own. I agree, not quite sure what I have let myself in for.

Once he sets his mind to it, he's actually not bad, just a little wobbly. I skate off on my own around the rink once I have taught him to do a few strides, so I can remember the routines I used to know. It feels brilliant, to skate again, and I continue to spin and twirl, not concentrating on Jordan at all. Bad idea. He skates over a lump in the ice and crumples, quickly approaching the ground.

Out of the corner of my eye, I see Jordan struggling, but dismiss it: it's not exactly the first time. But then I see him begin to fall, his outstretched and flailing helplessly. I know I'm probably too late, but skate towards him anyway, sprinting towards the other side of the rink, and throw myself between him and the ice. Drastic times call for drastic measures.

I hear the sickening snap from my arm, and pain so intense my vision blurs and I pass out completely.

Jordan's POV (ooh exciting!)

My brain is functioning too slowly to figure out what happened. I was skating. Zoe was nowhere near me. I slipped. I fell. Then, suddenly, she was beneath me. I don't know how it happened, but I do know that she's broken her arm now, in three places. We've both been shipped off to hospital, but apparently there is nothing wrong with me, so I have been discharged. But I can't leave. I am worried about Zoe.

She, undoubtedly, saved me. The doctors say I was lucky not to break my arm too - had she not been there, I would've.

The doctors allow me to sit in with her. As I see her, lying unconscious on the bed, the first thing I think of is a broken china doll. For the first time, I take in her looks - before she has had goggles and a face warmer thingy on. I guess she's beautiful really, underneath all the blood and sweat that currently covers her face. I never really noticed before.

I can't believe she did this, for me, and suffered these awful consequences. I feel like it's my fault. I feel it even more because she doesn't go crazy about who I am - CaptainSparklez, I mean - so she did it because she is a genuinely nice person, not a crazed fan. I run my fingers through her matted, golden hair and brush her fringe out of her eyes. Oh, why did it have to happen to her? She doesn't deserve this. It should've happened to me.

Suddenly, the doctor enters the room.

"Sorry, you'll have to leave now," she says briskly. "The doctors need to put a cast on." I dutifully, but unwillingly follow her out of the room. She sits me down at a table. "Are you the other patient - her boyfriend?"

"Umm, we're just friends," I say hesitantly. She smiles at me.

"Were you there when this happened?"

"Yeah."

"Could you please tell me what happened?"

"Well, we were just ice skating, when I lost my footing and began to fall over. Suddenly she - Zoe, I mean - was just beneath me, and I landed on her, which I'm sure didn't help." My voice becomes shaky. Don't cry Jordan, don't cry. "She'll be okay, won't she? It's all my fault..." The doctor smiles warmly at me and pats my hand.

"Don't worry, she'll be fine! She's only got a broken arm. I mean, obviously she won't be able to do any dangerous activities, like skiing, for four to six weeks until it heals, but she'll be fine. Don't worry!" I smile gratefully as she leaves the room. I realise, I do care. I am worried about her.

"Thanks so much, by the way," I say. She sticks her head around the door.

"The doctors have finished now, and your, uh, friend's waking up," she says. "Would you like to see her?" I leap up and enter the room where she is.

"Hey, dude," I say, walking over to her.

"Hey, Jordan," she replies. "Maybe you should have kept holding onto that penguin." She grins weakly at me. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine, thanks to you," I mumble. "Hey, I'm sorry. If I hadn't been so crap at ice skating this wouldn't have happened."

"No it's my fault," she declares. "I should've kept a closer eye on you."

At this point, another doctor enters, and asks Zoe's permission to do a blood test.

"Does she need a blood transfusion?" I say, panicking.

"Not currently, but if she has a certain blood type - A positive - there can be complications resulting from her injury. You don't happen to know you're blood type, do you?"

"Nope," she replies (A/N without popping the 'p' :P)

"So can I do it?" he asks impatiently.

"Yeah, sure," she replies. I look away as the doctor pulls out an unpleasant-looking needle and inserts it into her arm. She doesn't even wince, although I do, and I'm not even the one having the blood test! Please let her not be A+. Please let her not be A+.

I notice now that the doctor administrating this gruelling process is kinda...slime shaped, and is wearing green clothes. I notice his nametag - Jerry - and suppress a smirk. That is just too good.

"Ok, so you're blood type O," he says. I breathe a sigh of relief.

"That's good isn't it, generally I mean?" I ask.

"Yes, O is the most common blood type, so that's good if you ever do need a blood transfusion," he replies, and I relax inside. She drifts back into a gentle sleep, and I stroke her hair. Why do I care what blood type she is? Do I care - about her?

I bet you thought she was gonna have type A+ blood! I bet you did! Haha, this isn't your typical two-a-penny fanfic!

ACTION! Woo! And Jordan's POV! Woo! Possible romance indications! Woo! Longer chapter! Woo!

Ok, I'll stop now.

I am so annoyed with wattpad. I typed out this chapter, then it was deleted >:(

I had to type it all out again, and it's the longest one so far...

Huh.

Anyways.

Be happy, and make me happy by voting and commenting! I love feedback of any sort! :)

Katy xx