lv. unfair

Endgame spoilers!!!!!

Peter turns in his bed, sighing. It had been mere weeks since Mister Stark had... saved everyone. He remembers how agony had ripped through his heart at seeing his mentor - his father - leaning against the rubble with the arc reactor flickering.

It was worse for him. He'd heard the moment Tony's (Tony because that's what he always wanted Peter to call him) heart stopped beating and he stopped pulling air into his weak lungs.

He'd cried and he'd cried for so long, it seemed he was just full of tears. After that, May and Peter had moved to the newly reconstructed compound, along with the rest of the Avengers, and had mourned together.

Pepper brought Morgan to live there too and the little girl had immediately claimed Peter as her big brother. Everyone had insisted that Peter wait at least a month or so before going back to school,but there He was the day after the battle showing up to school with a fake smile, greeting his friend fondly.

Flash still bothered him relentlessly but Peter never cares anymore. The only things that's ever on his mind is that Tony is gone. Tony is gone. Peter brings his hand up to his mouth, a sob slipping from his mouth.

He misses him so bad. "We won." He'd said. But this felt like the biggest loss. "Tony. Tony. Mister Stark." He whimpers, curling into a tight ball as he tries to stifle his cries.

It hurts. Oh god, it hurts. He wants him back. It just wasn't fair! Peter's body racks with sobs as he clutches his sheets, burying his face into his pillow. He remembers Tony so vividly it hurts.

He remembers the lab nights, the movie nights, everything. Sometimes Peter wishes he'd never known Tony at all because then it wouldn't hurt as much. But then he hates himself because he'd rather have these amazing memories than nothing at all.

Throwing his blanket off, Peter stands and shuffles from his room, still sniffling and hiccuping as tears stream down his face. He finds Pepper's room and knocks softly on the door.

"Yes?" A groggy voice asks. "It's -Uh- me." Peter calls softly, staring at the ground as his tears drip from his cheeks. "Come in, Peter." Pepper responds softly.

Hesitantly opening the door, the teen trudges in and closes it behind him. "I can't sleep." He whispers. Pepper's heart breaks all over again at seeing Peter's tears.

"Come here kid." She mutters. He quickly crosses he room and climbs into the bed, burying his head in her neck. She holds him close as he cries, trembling in sadness.

"I just miss him so much." Peter cries. Tears well in Pepper's eyes. "I know, Peter. Me too." She whispers, taking in a shaky breath. Pepper smells like Tony and it makes Peter cry harder.

He hugs the closest thing to a mother he has, and he finally sleeps.