【epilogue】

After their last encounter, Ben and Galena never spoke to one another again. They saw each other through windows every so often but that was the extent of their interaction.

We all know the story of Ben Hargreeves and his inevitable fate. It was within the next year in which he met it.

Galena did not know what happened to Ben. She never did truly find out. One day, he wasn't in the windows anymore and then a statue of him was built in the backyard.

She would stare at the statue, talking to it as if it were Ben himself. She wondered why she ever let him leave her.

Eventually, she grew out of this fantasy and longing of someone she wasn't even sure was alive. She continued on with her life and went to school, aspiring to be a chemical engineer.

Galena was the most beautiful girl in all of her classes. She finally found another to take Ben's place. Soon, she became Mrs. Jared West.

But she could never forget Ben. After all, he was her first love. The sweetest, gentlest, and most caring boy she had ever met. And on top of all that, she had found adventure with him.

He wasn't the monster he had always believed himself to be. He was more to Galena than anyone else was. She wouldn't have always been safe with Ben but she was willing to take a chance with him.

She supposed it was better this way. Now she could have security with her new family and new love. Yes, it was better to be safe. Even in his own words he had said he was such a dangerous boy.

Galena missed Ben dearly and missed the adventures and danger around him. A girl like her shouldn't have been drawn to danger but then it dawned on her. She, too, was a dangerous girl.