31. Battle

Will

As I fought my way through the endless wave of demigods and demi-titans, my thoughts kept shifting back to Nico. Seeing him disappear right in front of my eyes, knowing that he was going to try and rescue the prisoners, scared me. 

It scared me because Perseus wasn't on the battlefield. No, he was waiting inside Olympus, waiting for the arrival of Artemis, Apollo, Hades, and my dear sweet boyfriend. 

I gritted my teeth and swung my sword, cutting a deep gash in the demigod's armour that I was currently fighting. He stumbled back in shock, and I knocked him out with a hard kick to his head. 

Nico will be alright. I know he will be. The small son of Hades had gone through Tartarus a second time just to save some of the Olympians and bring them back safely. 

Hell, he's heck of a lot stronger than me, that's for sure. 

I heard an enraged yell echo throughout the battlefield, and I spotted the former lieutenant of Artemis drive her hunting knives through the chestplate of one of the demigods from our army. 

"Why won't you all just get out of my way and die?!" Zoe snarled as she shoved the demigod aside roughly. She raised her knives to finish the demigod off when a blur of silver appeared in front of her and her prey. 

Zoe blinked in shock as I saw another girl standing between Zoe and the demigod. She was wearing the traditional outfit that the hunters of Artemis usually wore, and a bow was clutched in her hand. 

"Phoebe." Clarisse said in confusion. "What? I thought she died years ago...." "Percy must have brought her back to life." Katie interjected. "He probably brought her back to make her serve him, and then she defected." 

"I knew you would betray us." Zoe growled at Phoebe. "Oh well, now I get to kill you!" The daughter of Atlas swiped at Phoebe with her knives, but Phoebe vaulted back, landing lightly on her feet. She quickly drew her bow and shot an arrow, impaling Zoe in the leg. 

Zoe cried out in pain, and Phoebe turned to the stunned demigod on the floor behind her. "Quick! Get out of here!" The demigod quickly jumped to his feet and ran off, away from the two former hunters of Artemis. 

Snarling, Zoe pulled the arrow out of her leg, throwing it aside and brandishing her knives. "Percy should have killed you once he found out that you had plans to defect." 

Phoebe dropped her bow to pull out her hunting knives, a scowl on her face. "Well, I'm sorry to say this, but he didn't." 

I exchanged a look with Clarisse, and we rushed forwards to stand beside Phoebe, who gave us a confused look. "What are you two doing here?" 

"We're here to help you kill this bitch." Clarisse replied, raising her spear that crackled with electricity. Phoebe raised an eyebrow before giving Clarisse a small smile. "I'd appreciate that." 

Zoe's eye twitched at being called a bitch, and she lunged at Clarisse in anger. Before she could even land an attack on the daughter of Ares, Phoebe had rushed in, delivering a strong kick to Zoe's midsection. 

She staggered back, hunching over, and I took the chance to stab Zoe in the side with my sword. 

The black haired woman's eyes widened in shock, and Phoebe whispered "You're getting what you deserve. And what you deserve is death." As Phoebe finished speaking, she drew her bow again and shot one final arrow.

The arrow embedded itself in Zoe's throat, and with a strangled cry, she fell to the floor. Phoebe lowered her bow, staring at the still form of her once best friend,