3. Reign

Percy

I lay on the bed that Zoe and I had been sharing for several years. I played with her silky black hair while I thought about what had happened these past few years as King. 

I created an army of monsters and undid the mist that was placed upon the mortals by the Gods centuries ago. Then I had made the mortals my slaves. I had also started to renovate Olympus to my liking. The Gods had kept it too plain and way too boring. 

I felt Zoe stir and I smiled as she turned to face me, opening her volcanic black eyes. She snugged closer to me and I wrapped my arms around her. "Good morning, love." I whispered in her ear. "Good morning, my King." Zoe murmured back as she reached up to wrap her arms around me as well. 

Footsteps approached our chamber door and a loud knock resounded throughout the room. I smiled wryly and pulled Zoe's slender frame closer to me. Poseidon had his daily routine. 

"Come in." I said and the door swung open, light flooding into our dimly lit room. Poseidon stood in the doorway, accompanied by one of my members from the army. Poseidon's eyes widened when he saw Zoe and I in bed, both of us barely dressed. Zoe was wearing a crop top and really short shorts, while I was just wearing pants. 

"Sir, I brought him here as requested every morning." The demigod said, averting his eyes from Zoe and I. I laughed lightly and replied "Thank you, Aran. You don't need to be embarrassed around us." 

Aran nodded before turning and leaving the room. Poseidon still stood dumbstruck in the doorway. I narrowed my eyes at him and gently pulled away from Zoe. "Well? What are you just standing there for? Go and do your duties!" 

Poseidon swallowed before walking into the room to pick up Zoe and I's discarded clothing on the ground. I sat up and slid out of bed, before pointing my hand at the closet. The door swung open and a shirt zoomed into my hand. I slipped the shirt on as Zoe climbed out of bed as well, yawning and rubbing her eyes. 

I held out my hand and one of Zoe's shirts appeared in my hand. I tossed it to her and she put it on. "So beautiful, what do you plan to do today?" I asked as she grabbed my hand, both of us heading to the bathroom. 

"Aside from our daily routine? I don't know, perhaps we could go on a mini trip to somewhere in the world." Zoe said slyly as we went about brushing our teeth and washing our faces. "That sounds like a wonderful idea. I'll leave Ethan in charge, along with Alex and Jake. I'm just going to hope that they don't blow anything up." I said, remembering the last time I left those three in charge.

Zoe and I had left Olympus for about an hour to oversee the mortals and monsters. When we took the elevator back up to the throne room, I found that a giant hole had been blasted through the wall. Flames had coated the ground, and the whole ceiling had collapsed. 

Alex and Jake had a fight against Ethan, which resulted in the twins of Hyperion setting everything on fire and Ethan blasting a giant ass hole through the wall that brought the ceiling down. 

I smiled as I remembered how furious I had been. I had used my powers to extinguish the flames before I yelled at the three shameful members of my army. 

I was brought back to reality by Zoe sighing and saying "Let's just hope they don't. Shall we leave, my love?" "Yeah." I said, grabbing Zoe's hand once again and running out the bathroom. Poseidon was over by our bed, smoothing out the rumpled sheets and pulling the bedcovers back up. 

I stopped at the door to our chamber. Zoe gave me a questioning look but I ignored it and turned to look at my ex-father. "If you try anything, or ruin anything, I'll throw you in the dungeons like I've done several times. I'm sure you'll be happy to hear the painful, agonized screams of Annabeth."