Chapter Fifteen

A/N I'm terrible at writing steamy stuff just saying XD

"It's beautiful," I said with a smile, my hands grasping the cool metal railing. The view before me was absolutely breathtaking. The skyline on clear night was like always, beautiful.

"It is isn't it?"

I turned my head to look at Nick and noticed that he looked calm and relaxed, with the breeze softly flowing through his hair and a serene smile on his face. In the short amount of time we spend together, walking through downtown and having conversations, every once in a while heading into some random shop, I'd learned that he was the soft type with a hard exterior. He rarely smiled yet was always contented. He appreciated life and never took anything for granted. And we seemed to connect to each other on that level.

Overall, it was nice to take my mind off of the drama in my life, even if just for a few hours. Now here we were, looking at the night skyline in the Brooklyn Bridge Park, enjoying each other's company.

"Thank you, Nick, for everything today. I think I really needed this. I'm not sure how I managed to stay only half drunk throughout but yeah."

He chuckled, something that I had found him doing more often around me, and shrugged. "I needed this too." He opened his mouth to say more but stopped, almost settling into a frown. "My mother...she's been suffering from a disease for a few years now."

My voice caught in my throat. That sounded absolutely heartbreaking. He was telling me something about his life? And that too something so personal and painstaking as this? "I'm—I'm sorry, I can't image how you feel."

He smiled sadly at me. "She's working on recovering but it takes a lot of money to do that. I've been working non stop for a few weeks now and barely took some time for myself. But I'm glad I got to spend it with you."

My heart melted and I took his hand in mine. "I'm sorry to hear that, but with your determination I'm sure everything will work out. I'm glad I got to spend this with you too."

We locked eyes and my heart began stammering in my chest, suddenly aware at our entwines hands. The intensity between us was so thick. But it felt weird to feel like this. The last time someone made me feel this way was years ago.

Nick stepped towards me but I stood ground, my eyes never leaving his. I was in heels tonight so I was only a few inches shorter than him. His eyes crinkled in happiness as he charmingly smiled, his dimple coming through. I wanted him to kiss me—goddammit—I wanted to kiss him! Seconds passed but he didn't move closer. "You seem nervous."

I blinked, "What me? No, I'm not nervous. You're nervous."

He leaned in closer, our faces only inches apart. "I bet you are now."

I tried to keep myself from laughing. "You want to know something?" I suddenly whispered, taking my hand out of his and snaking then around his neck. He seemed a bit surprised at the action. I sort of did too.

He raised an eyebrow and wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me towards him. "And what's that?"

"That I want to kiss you," I answered with all seriousness. I noticed that his expression went from amused to serious too. His grip even tightened around me.

"Oh really? That's interesting because that's what I was just thinking about."

"About kissing yourself?" I cocked my head to the side in faux innocent. We were so close that I could hear his breath and I'm sure he could hear mine too. Everything around us seemed to freeze and all I was focused on was him. Just him.