Chapter One

I glanced around the dimly lit room filled with warm colored chandeliers and a hoard of drunk people dancing together at the center of the room. I frowned, This was supposed to be a classy hotel. The manager specifically informed me that I would be comfortable here. But seeing the sweat and the grinding, my mind told me otherwise.

Of course it wouldn't be. Rich people are snobs. You're a snob. Hah.

Laughing at my own non existent joke, I shifted my position in the stool and turned to face the bar. Looking at the bartender I politely asked, "Can I have another shoot of tequila, please? I don't care what kid."

He stopped wiping down the countertops to look at me. "Haven't you had enough?" I noticed a hint of amusement as well annoyance in his tone. Walking over until he was in front of me across the countertop, he continued, "You've been here for quite some time." He looked down at the watch on his arms. "Three hours to be exact. How have you not passed out yet?"

I raised my eyebrows, slouching forward against the countertop. "Well I didn't really drink that mulch did I?"

"You did, like a lot. Like enough to make someone completely pass out."

I shrugged. "Maybe I'm a heavyweight?"

I was an interesting drunk person. I spoke normally and could take a lot of alcohol, but it's my thought process and random words that signified my drunken state.

The guy leaned forward, resting his elbows on the countertop. "Look, the bar is closing soon so maybe you should leave." He gestured behind me to the hoard of people dispersing. But I didn't pay attention to that because I was paying attention to him.

The bartender before me had dark brown hair that was tousled back, beautiful emerald eyes, a subtle but strong jawline and long eyelashes. I couldn't help but stare and gawk at him.

He raised his eyebrows, "You like what you see?"

I gasped, my face instantly lighting up, "Of course! Those eyelashes are THICK. Goddamn, can I touch them?"

His amusement faded into a deadpan expression with a tint of embarrassment in them. With a sigh, he hurriedly came from behind the bar and stood against the stool a few feet away from me.

"For everyone that is still here: the bar is closing in a few minutes, please gather your belongings and make your way out. Thank you."

The footsteps of people suddenly leaving the bar with frustration sounded in my ear, making my head hurt. I groaned, resting it in my hands.

"Where's your chaperon or designated driver or something? Where's your babysitter?" he asked. When I lifted my head to face him, I saw a small smile on his face.

"Don't have one." I smirked tiredly at him but because of my drunken state, it looked like I was constipated. He pressed his lips together, probably catching onto that. I rolled my eyes as dramatically as possible, which was saying much.

Just then, my cellphone rang from inside my clutch. I paused momentarily when the lights of the bar instantly lit up. Groaning at the sudden brightness of the room, I took it out of the bag, squinting my eyes to read the name. Kaden. It read. What does he want now?

Running my fingers through my hair and leaning my elbow onto the table, I sighed. "Hello?"

"Toni?" The sound of my little brother's voice was quieter than normal and sounded anxious as well.

"At your supper. Why you are calling me at the most convenient whore of the day?"

"Are you," he paused, "Are you drunk?"