22nd Page: Capital Defense

Start from the beginning

"[Void Flame Magic: Infernal Vortex!]" Not giving his opponents a chance to reassemble, (Y/N) slammed the blade of Kronos' Arc into the floor as a giant sphere of black flames with white hints engulfed the zombie creatures.

"Go!" Not turning to face the nobles behind him, (Y/N) commanded as the group ran towards the west, only leaving the blonde platinum haired girl as she looked back at (Y/N) hesitantly.

"And what about you?" The girl asked in worry, only for (Y/N) to glance back at her, a smile forming on his face.

"I'll be fine, just go!" (Y/N) abruptly dashed towards the undead hordes, razing through their ranks as the platinum blonde haired girl bit her lip, though she turned away and ran towards the western district, surprisingly finding no other creatures in that direction.

After turning a corner, the platinum blonde haired girl suddenly glanced back in (Y/N)'s direction, a small smile on her face. What an interesting boy...I'll have to find him sometime later...

No longer feeling the presence of the nobles behind him, (Y/N) felt a massive weight lift off his back as he smirked confidently, slamming the blade of Kronos' Arc into the floor as he used it as a pole, kicking an approaching zombie away.

"What a flawed savior you are. I could've killed them at any moment, and you wouldn't have been able to do anything about it. Is this all the Magic Knights are?" The golden robed man spoke up, a glare on his face as (Y/N) gazed at him in a bored manner.

"It's kinda hard to fight at my full power when I could accidentally kill the people I'm supposed to be protecting." (Y/N)'s smirk widened as he saw the golden robed man's eyes widen slightly.

"Now then...what do you say we settle this? I've got some ass to kick and people to save." (Y/N) smirked as he unearthed Kronos' Arc, swinging the blade in a crescent arc towards a group of zombies, a wave of white magic tearing through the hordes effortlessly. As such was the spell of a mythical weapon, [Kronos' Fury].

Seeing the abominations below him being torn to shreds, the golden robed man didn't seem particularly bothered. After all, this was still the effect of that crude mage's Magic. He'd show no sympathy to such flawed creations. Why the Master had chosen such a fool was beyond him.

"If you're not going to come to me...then I'll come to you!" (Y/N) shouted as he saw the golden robed man remain actionless, bracing himself to jump as a black magic circle formed beneath him, the boy jumping off the ground, leaving a web-like crack on the floor.

"Is that magic? Physical augmentation? No, there seems to be little magic at play here. This boy...is he the one the Master spoke of?" The golden haired man pondered as the (h/c) haired boy approached, however the man didn't move nor did he show signs of retaliating.

"If you're not planning on moving...then I'll just have to end this in one hit!" (Y/N)'s eyes narrowed as Kronos' Arc became engulfed in black ice with a hint of light blue, another streak of white light also covering the blade.

Combining both [Absolute Zero Strike] and [Timeless Strike], the (h/c) haired boy narrowed his eyes, seeing the man still not make any actions to suggest moving.

Though he had a feeling something was wrong, (Y/N) swung Kronos' Arc at the man harshly, the blade of the scythe turning into a blur as it sped towards the man.

However, right before Kronos' Arc seemed to hit the man, (Y/N) was sent flying backwards harshly, a result of his own attack, a backlash of sorts.

"What...the hell..." (Y/N) grunted as he slowly got up and out of the rubble he'd been thrown into, his arm numb and barely capable of grasping onto Kronos' Arc, forcing the boy to shift its base over to his left hand, which hadn't taken the full brunt of the backlash.