zach herron • birthday

En başından başla

you talked to the host and they took you to your table tucked away in the back of the restaurant. you were sitting on the end while the three girls were on one side and the three guys were on the other. you found it funny how it split.

you ordered your drinks and talked about random things. daniel and corbyn brought up a story from your childhood which stared a whole conversation of embarrassing stories you had all experienced.

you couldn't help but notice how quiet zach was. most of the time he was on his phone or messing with his hair, but you caught him staring at you with his lip trapped between his teeth.

you slightly smirked at him before returning to your conversation with one of your friends.

after you had finished the food, the waiter brought out a small cupcake and the whole restaurant was singing. you were beyond embarrassed, but you laughed it off with all of your friends.

"what'd you wish for?" zach asked, speaking for the first time that evening.

"i can't say," you replied, shrugging your shoulders innocently. he smirked and looked down.

"let's go home, we have ice cream sundaes waiting for us," you said. you all split the check, daniel winning the argument of who'd pay for your meal, then left to your cars.

you met back up at your house and everyone gathered inside. one of your friends suggested a quick photo shoot, so that's exactly what you did. zach had volunteered as the photographer, although you assumed he regretted it after he had to take close to a thousand pictures.

you all changed from your fancy clothes to your lazy clothes and made ice cream sundaes before spreading out on the floor in your living room.

"we should play a game or something," corbyn suggested.

"we could play boring truth or dare, or i have cards against humanity."

"definitely the cards." everyone agreed with corbyn and you went to grab the game.

after a few hours of laughing so hard you were crying, it was around two in the morning. everyone had started settling down so you went on netflix and turned on a movie.

you passed out pillows and blankets to everyone on the floor, then handed a blanket to zach who was on the couch.

"thanks," he said quickly glancing up from his phone. you nodded without replying.

you sat on the other side of the couch with your legs brought up to your chest. you texted your parents letting them know everything was going well and you were all about to go to sleep.

whenever the movie ended, you and zach were the only ones awake. you turned on another movie and shifted from sitting in such an uncomfortable position.

"you can stretch your legs out," zach said.

"you sure?" you asked. he nodded and you thanked him. you stretched your legs out, trying not to touch him, but you did anyway.

"sorry," you muttered.

"i'm not gonna bite you." he chuckled. you rolled your eyes and laughed softly.