16 | Training & Allergies

Start from the beginning

"Pretty much."

"Well, lucky for you, I found someone very willing to teach you," Taehyung said.

Namjoon walked in. "Sargeant Jung," he greeted.

"You told the Captain?!" Hoseok whispered to Taehyung.

"Officer Kim told me that you were having difficulties, and I'm very aware of your fear of guns," Namjoon said. "However, it's time to get over that, Sargeant."

Hoseok let his head hang shamefully. "You're right."

"Whoa, you know why?" Taehyung asked Namjoon. "Is there some cool backstory behind it? Did Sarge kill someone?"

Namjoon cleared his throat. "Well..."

━━━━━━━━

"Hands up!" the criminal wearing a ski-mask yelled. "This is a robbery!"

"Hands up!" Hoseok yelled. "This is the police!"

The criminal gasped and turned to Hoseok, immediately throwing his arms up. He grabbed a little girl, who kept weeping for her mother, as a hostage. "You shoot me and I'll shoot her," he growled.

The bank was silent and all eyes were on Hoseok and the criminal.

"You can't shoot me, man," the criminal taunted. "I got a wife and kids at home. I have mouths to feed and people to help. Are you really gonna shoot me dead just because you have a badge?"

A tear slipped down Hoseok's cheek.

"Are you crying?" the criminal asked, dumbfounded.

Hoseok sniffled. "I have allergies."

"Mom, the policeman is crying in front of the criminal," a little boy said.

"I'm not crying!" Hoseok protested. "It's the pollen!"

"In the bank?" the criminal asked.

"Screw you!" Hoseok exclaimed and fired his gun to knock the gun out of the criminal's hand.

The bullet flew past the criminal and broke the lock on a cabinet, allowing a collection of keys to spill out.

Hoseok, fortunately, bought himself time to detain the criminal and take him in, but all the eyes on him that day made him feel like a failure. He knew all those eyes were judging him, even the criminal.

As he opened the lock to the holding cell, the criminal even said, "I feel bad for you, dude."

From that day on, Hoseok never fired a gun.

━━━━━━━━

Taehyung snickered. "That's actually really funny."

"It's not funny!" Hoseok complained. "It was really damaging to my pride and I can't aim the same way again."

"Sargeant Jung," Namjoon started. "You had allergies, remember? Your vision wasn't doing you any favors that day." He pointed at the target in front of Hoseok. "Focus, and shoot."

Hoseok set his jaw firmly and got in position, holding the gun up and cocking it. He squinted, seeing where he needed to hit the target, and made sure his gun aimed in the right direction.

Then, his hands began to shake. It was a steady tremor that made him remember that tragic day.

"I don't know if I can do this," Hoseok whispered.

"You can do this. Concentrate," Namjoon said.

"I don't know—"

"Officer Kim ate the yogurt you left in the fridge," Namjoon blurted out.

Fucking bitch.

Hoseok fired the gun and shot the target square in the chest, no hesitation on his face. He shot the target a few more times—one in the head and one in the stomach. He made it perfectly in the bullseye.

Hoseok turned around. "Which one?" he asked darkly.

"Not me," Jin replied as he was passing by.

Hoseok, Namjoon, and Taehyung looked at each other before Taehyung sprinted for the door.

"KIM TAEHYUNG!"

━━━━━━━━

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

What are your guys' favorite quotes from this book?

And what scenes would you guys like to see?