Best Friends - Sam Kiszka

"Sam, can you get me my red leather skirt please?" I asked polity as I stood in my closet changing in front of my full-length mirror. I was changing for the party Sam and his brothers were throwing tonight at my place and I had fixed my hair and my makeup and now I was indecisive of what to wear tonight. I had tried on at least five different outfits and Sam had just nodded his head and said 'that looks good' without even looking my way.

He was too busy trying out a new riff he has had in his head for a while now. I got that he wanted their new album to have the best songs ever written but he could at least look up when I needed his opinion so badly. I might be too harsh on him, I'm happy he's working on their new album because I can't lie, I was a huge fan of theirs.

Samuel has been my best friend for about seven years now. We met at our local coffeehouse thanks to Danny who knew my ex best friend. She had made me tag along when she was meeting up with Danny and Sam and I instantly clicked and has been best friends ever since.

There have always been speculations if we were a couple or not but those rumors were always false, don't get me wrong, Sam would make the perfect boyfriend and there have been times where I've thought that I might have missed out on the opportunity but then I instantly stop thinking like that because I love Sam as a friend and nothing more.

"Can't you get it yourself?" he asked and I rolled my eyes and walked out of the closet with my oversized t-shirt hanging down to just below my bottom. I grabbed the skirt off of my chair and let out a big sight. "You are so helpful today Sammy" I groaned and he let out a chuckle but kept on looking down at his bass in his lap. I stumbled into my closet again and threw on fishnet stockings and then my skirt. I tucked in the oversized Mötley Crüe t-shirt and put on my black knee-length boots without a heel because I couldn't walk in heels.

I was satisfied with this outfit and decided that I'd wear it. My hair was in a loose bun on top of my head and I had managed to make a red smoky eye makeup. I looked cute and my highlight was popping. "Alright, I'm done," I said as I walked out of the closet once again, still with Sam sitting on my bed. I heard a big crash from downstairs and I knew either Jake or Josh had dropped something. The music was already really loud and I cursed under my breath, not knowing why I had agreed to let them have the party here.

"Sam!" I said a little bit rough so he'd actually look up, and notice me for once. I should have told one of my girlfriends to help me choose an outfit, not Sam, that was a stupid decision. "Yes Y/N?" he said in an annoyed voice and finally looked up. His gaze went from my eyes, down my chest, and to the toes, then back up again. "Damn" he finally let out and stood up, placing the bass on the bed.

"What? Is it too short?" I asked looking at myself through my mirror on my desk. I tugged at the skirt a bit and he chuckled and shook his head. "No, no, it's just, don't get the wrong idea now but, Y/N, you look fucking hot," he said and I watched him in horror walk up to me. He placed his hand on top of my head and he pulled out my hair from my bun. "But-" he started and let my hair down from my knot.