I laughed and gave her a playful push, "You love me really."

"I do." She agreed before leaning her head on my shoulder. I smiled and leant my head on hers.

I knew if I didn't have Addison by my side, I would quite literally go insane, so as much as I hated being a part of royalty and as much as I despised not being able to leave the castle grounds, Addison made my life inside of it that little bit better.

*End of Flashback*

Thinking about my best friend always made me smile. She was honestly a saving grace for me and I couldn't be any more grateful to have her by my side growing up.

I wasn't really in the mood to go back to the ball right now so I decided to take a walk around the castle.

During the walk, I got many curious looks from passers-by. Well, the adults looked at me curiously, while some of the children looked fascinated. It was probably the ears and tail; that seemed to fascinate a lot of people when they first saw them,

"Mummy look, she has a tail."

I just smiled and shook my head. I guess if I saw someone with a tail for the first time, I'd be pretty fascinated by it too. Seeing as I was always surrounded by other Lattamers, this was the first time I had seen reactions from other people who weren't of my kind. It was interesting to see.

I ducked my head slightly and ran a hand through my hair. In that split second, I didn't notice the person in front of me. I bumped right into them and just when I thought I was about to fall back from the impact, a set of arms grabbed me around my waist to keep me upright.

I immediately thanked the person before I looked up. The words got caught in my throat as I caught sight of her eyes.

They were breath-taking.

She raised an eyebrow at me, probably because I was just staring at her right now. I cleared my throat and took a step back, out of her embrace,

"Sorry. I should've been looking at where I was going."

She gave me a small smile, "It's alright. Shouldn't you be inside Princess?"

I looked at her in both shock and confusion. I wasn't wearing my crown at the moment, so how did she even know I was royalty?

"H-how did you know I was a Princess?"

She clasped her hands behind her back, "You are a Lattamer and there were only three Lattamers invited to this ball tonight. I should know, I was the one who sent out the invites. You are clearly not old enough to be the Queen and you're obviously not the King so that left the Princess."

I smiled at her intuition. I couldn't argue with that logic to be fair, "You can call me Laylah."

She gave me a single nod, "Princess Laylah it is."

"Just Laylah." I reassured, before tilting my head slightly, "May I have the name of my saviour?"

Her lips tilted upwards slightly, an indication that she wanted to smile but refrained herself from doing so,

"I believe saviour is a bit strong, but my name is Brooklyn, or General Myers if you'd prefer."

My eyes widened in shock, "You're the General of Kindridas?"

She gave me another nod, "Indeed. Is there a problem?"

I immediately shook my head. It's not that I was shocked she was the General, I was shocked at how young she was to be the General. She looked to be no older than twenty-five, although sometimes looks could be very deceiving. I guess the saying 'Never judge a book by its cover' was right,

"Not at all. You just look very young that's all."

"I shall take that as a compliment. Excuse my manners Princess, but I have matters I need to attend to. I shall escort you back to the ballroom first."

I started to protest but she wouldn't take no for an answer so I had no choice but to let her walk me back.

There was something about her that I couldn't quite pinpoint. She seemed very closed off, but I didn't know if that's who she was or if it's who she was pretending to be, considering her job role and everything.

She intrigued me. A lot.

Even though we literally talked for less than five minutes, she grasped my attention almost immediately, and that wasn't an easy thing to do. I highly doubt I'd ever get to talk to her again though and that kind of made me upset, for some weird reason. I didn't even know her.

While I was deep in my thoughts, I didn't realise we had reached the ballroom already. I was honestly just following her without really taking any notice of my surroundings.

As we reached the double doors, she turned around to face me, "I'm sure we'll meet again soon. Until then, I hope you enjoy the rest of your evening."

I smiled and thanked her. She bowed to me before she made her leave. I couldn't help but watch her retreating figure until I could no longer see her.

General Brooklyn Myers. I most definitely hope we'll meet again