Chapter 3 ~~ Loss

I realized what I was staring at. There were five people on top of a building roof screaming for help. But then I realized who they were. I saw my boyfriend, his best friend, my best friend, and his two siblings who I loved like family.

I wanted to go help them somehow but my feet wouldn't move. I was paralyzed in spot. My hand on my mouth and tears in my eyes. Andrea turned to me,

"Jayme, you all-right?" she asked, placing a hand on my back.

I was about to tell her who they were when I saw the door to the roof open. Slowly, one of the sick appeared and make it's way over to them. This is when the tears fell freely.

I slowly withdrew the pistol and aimed at the sick's head and pulled the trigger. It didn't hit. I tried again and again but its sight wasn't accurate.

"Jayme, calm down!" Andrea exclaimed. Couldn't she see! My friends were about to die!

When I tore my eyes from the pistol I immediately regretted it.

I looked up just in time to see my boyfriend be bitten and devoured. Then his friend, his two sisters and my best friend. It all was so fast but seemed to be in slow motion for me.

Andrea and Glenn turned to me.

"Are you okay?" Glenn asked. I didn't reply. I couldn't.

"Jayme?" Andrea asked, trying to get my attention.

"They're dead. They're all dead." I said quietly not moving a muscle.

"Jayme? You alright?" Andrea asked quietly, placing her hand on my back again.

I looked down at the roads below me. The ones I had walked so many times before all this with them. Thats when I realized how high we were, probably about three or four stories up. Now not only was I distraught of my lost companions and probably everyone else I knew but I had to be petrified of how high we were.

"Jayme, talk to us." Andrea said concern evident in her voice.

"No. No. No. No. No! NO!" I cried collapsing onto my knees. My head fell into my hands and I sat there and cried. I knew Glenn must have thought I was a freak but I didn't care.

"Common Jayme, let's take Glenn back to camp with us and sort this out back there. Okay?" Andrea suggested squatting down next to me.

"No! This isn't something you just 'sort out' Andrea! The only people I cared for in the world are dead, right in front of me!" I yelled at her, slapping her hand away. I stood and starred down at her.

"They're gone Andrea! The only people I wanted to keep safe are gone! Everyone I knew is gone! EVERYONE!" I screamed while backing away from her, not wanting to see her face again.

"Jayme! Look out!" Glenn called to me just as I realized I was to the edge of the wall. But it was too late. I felt my body plummet to the earth and then after a moment of free fall, a hard landing, pain everywhere and then blackness.

A/N

So the way I write is I write out the whole story and then upload the parts as people read it. That way my uploads can be more regular. So I just finished all of book 1 and am really happy with the turnout :) After I get a few more chapters up I'll ask for requests for book 2. I have the main plot in mind but want YOU to help write. Anyway, hope you enjoyed the chapter and there'll be plenty more drama like this in the near future. Thanks for reading! <3