Chapter 10 ~~ Let The Rain Fall

-Just a note, this chapter does contain a LOT of swearing so if you'd rather not read that please don't, sorry if you're not a fan of that-

"Hey Lori, the rains starting, if ya have stuff outside you might wanna bring it in." I spoke into the vehicle. No reply. I heard a faint noise from the back and strained my ears to hear. It wasn't talking. More like a moan.

"Shit. Shit. Shit." I muttered, walkers first popping into my mind. But I realized it wasn't a dead moan, it was a human moan. But not of pain.

I slowly and quietly walked over behind the bathroom stall to get a better listen.

I could her two different people. One sounded like Lori and I assumed the other was Rick. But Rick was outside. I heard him talking to Shane. Glenn was out in the city, Jim and Allen were by the fire and Dale was up on the RV. The only other man was Jacob.

That's when it hit. Lori was making out with Jacob. My boyfriend. My eyes went wide at the realization and jut about every emotion flooded my body. My first instinct was to laugh, it couldn't be him. Next, was to run. Then I wanted to cry. After I wanted to scream. Finally I wanted to punch Lori right in the nose. Break that bitches face and knock out every one of her teeth. But then I remembered. It takes two to kiss. Jacob was cheating. He was just as wrong as Lori.

"You fucking Ass-hole!" I shouted as I stormed toward them. The air hung thick and the sounds stopped. There was a gasp and Jacob spoke.

"Its not what you think." He began.

"Shut up!" I screamed.

"You fucking Bitch!"

Lori stood.

"Jayme, honey. He's right. It's not what you'd-"

"Shut the fuck up." I told her and brought my fist to her face. Contact. I felt the flesh if her cheek meet my knuckles and a sweet crack. Damn, I could punch. She recoiled and hit the back wall with a thud. I heard a weep of pain and smiled. Smiled. I smiled at her pain.

"Fuck you both. Go to damn hell!" I shouted as loud as possible. I didn't care if anyone heard. They both deserved to be shunned. I turned on my heel and strode toward the exit.

"And Jacob, I may be blind, but I'm not stupid. Fuck you." My words felt so smooth and felt so free.

I dismounted the stairs and a hand was placed on my shoulder.

"What happened?" Andrea asked.

I slapped her hand away and heard Shane comfort her.

I strode away not sure where to go. Andrea called after me and I heard her begin to walk but she was cut off by Shane.

"Give her a minute." He said and I guessed her restrained her as she didn't follow.

Once I knew I was out of sight. I collapsed behind a tree and let the sobs fall freely as the rain soaked me.

I have no idea how log I sat there. The rain continued to fall and so did the tears.

No one came for me. It was a bitter-sweet thought. I didn't want to talk to anyone but it hurt a little too. I wiped my eyes on the sleeve of the sweater andrea gave me over... I didn't even know how long it had been. A month? Two? I counted in my head and came to just under a month. But who knew?

I stood on shaky legs and took a hesitant step from around the tree. I listened for sings of what direction camp was. Nothing.

I took my best guess and walked slowly toward camp.

I was lucky. I guessed right. Once I exited the wooded area I was met by a strong hug. I didn't hug back. I had no idea who it was and by god if I was Lori I would stab her with the knife I kept in my pocket.

"God, I was so worried." Andrea spoke into my shoulder. I didn't reply.

"Let's dry you off." she added and led me to the RV. We mounted the steps an I was met by another hug. This time I recognized Carol.

"We sent out a search party an hour ago, they couldn't find you and sent Dale back to tell us your track went cold. Jacobs worried sick. He went out with Rick, Allen and Lori." At this another set of sobs broke out. Now not only was he cheating, he pretended to be worried. I cried into Carols shoulder and she led me to the bed.

"I'll get you some dry clothes." Andrea offered and Carol at me down. The sobs had subsided and Carol asked me,

"Do you want to talk?"

"Not really." I replied quietly.

"I herd what happened. The screaming. I'm so sorry." She placed a hand on my knee.

"So am I."

"Do you want me to talk to Lori?" she offered.

"No. Don't ruin her marriage." I was surprised when I said this. Why do I want to help her?

"But she ruined your potential one."

"I know."

Andrea walked in and placed some clothes next to me. She leaned over me and whispered.

"They're back. Everyone." I knew she meant the search party. I didn't want to talk to anyone. Right now I wanted to go run off again. Get bitten and die. Before it would have seemed mentally insane to think that, now it was my deepest desire.