Chapter 11 ~~ Favors

Carol went out to greet the search party upon their return. Andrea stayed inside with me. I strained my ears to hear what they were saying.

"We didn't have any success." Shane began. "Her track went cold after a few yards. We tracked her to the stream and the tracks in the mud were washed away." Shane sounded oddly sad. He never cared before.

"We'll search again tomorrow." Rick added. "We'll find her Jacob. She can't of gotten far."

"Why isn't Carol telling them?" Andrea asked in a whisper. I smiled. I knew she knew I could hear and she was letting me see how they reacted.

"I don't get it. Why would she run off?" It was Amy who spoke. "She wouldn't without a reason."

Would Jacob confess? If he didn't I would kill him. Same with Lori. A silence fell over the group.

"Will she make the night?" Jacob asked. His voice was sad. Why? He didn't care? Was he a better actor than I thought?

"I think she will." Carol finally spoke. "She's inside." Shit. She said it. I hadn't thought of something to say. Thats the real reason she delayed so long, to let me think of some fake reason. Damn.

I felt a large shift in the balance of the RV as multiple people entered.

"Jayme!" Jacob called.

"Fuck off." I told him under my breath. He stopped in his tracks. Good. He was closest and I wasn't loud so I assumed only he and Andrea heard. Donna came up and hugged me. I hugged back. She said something I didn't hear an I just nodded. What happened next surprised me.

A hard punch make contact with my face. What the hell?

"What the fuck?" I said in recoil, lacking the energy to shout.

"You dare touch my wife again and you'll get worse than that." I felt Rick up in my face.

"Piss off man." I said pushing him back with my free hand. His reaction was a knee to the stomach. At this I stood.

"You may not know it, but I did you a fucking favor." I hissed returning the favor with a high knee to the crotch. I felt him double over in pain and heard him curse at me. My face had gone numb and I now had two free hands to fight.

I stood over Rick and quicker than I anticipated he stood and delivered another punch. This hit my chin and I heard a crack. The pain this time was worse and I fell back onto the bed. Rick continued to kick at my body as I felt blood pour from my nose and bruises forming all over. I was now powerless to defend myself.

"Rick! Back off!" Andrea shouted. I hadn't noticed her leave earlier. The weight was soon lifted from me and I uttered one last sentence, "She was fucking cheating on you Rick." but this came out no more than a whisper and he would never hear the truth. The bed seemed to spiral out from beneath me and I fell to the floor as consciousness drained from my body.

My last sentence I'd say as Jayme Tiller. I would change it if I could. I really would.

------------------------------------

I'm sorry it's short, I just really like this ending to the chapter, the next one will be longer, I promise.