Pietro - Study Buddy

A/N: I haven't written a Pietro imagine in a while so I thought I'd post this hehe. Sorry for the wait! Also, I have no idea why a lot of my Pietro imagines are more light-hearted than my usual Steve and Bucky ones... maybe cause of his age? Idk but I should go back to studying.

----------------------------

College AU

Your day hasn't been the best.

With exams coming up and countless assignments to catch up to, and even more projects down the horizon, you walk back to your dorm with your head down.

And apparently, your day could get worse, considering the fact that someone just spilled their coffee all over your shirt when you bumped into each other.

"Oh God, I'm so sorry," the girl in front of you says, snickering. "Do you want me to get you another shirt from the thrift store? I'm so sorry."

You walk past her, ignoring her completely, but acknowledging the fact that what she just said hurt.

"What's your problem?" someone from behind you asks angrily.

You turn around, thinking that the question was directed towards you. You almost grin when you see a guy with silver hair giving the girl a piece of his mind. 

You recognize him from one of your classes. He's the guy everyone's completely in love with, but you've never actually felt any attraction towards him. Maybe you're simple-minded, but obsessing over celebrities instead of a kid from campus sounds like a much better idea.

But hey, you have to give him credit for standing up to the girl who's the most in love with him, for you.

The girl looks at you with fire in her eyes, and you shrug. Honestly, the day's taken too much of your energy for you to have a whole argument about how she's better than you.

You're just about to walk away when the guy calls out to you. "Hey!"

"If you're going to insult me, you might as well just do it tomorrow. I'm really tired."

He shakes his head, chuckling. "No, 'course not. I wanted to return your ruler." He holds out your ruler and you take it gratefully. "I'm Pietro, by the way." You notice his thick accent and find it absolutely adorable how he's blushing when you smile at him.

He's not adorable, you think to yourself. 

"Y/N," you reply. "Thanks for that," you add, nodding to the space the girl was previously standing in.

"It's all good," he says. "Are you doing okay? I saw you in the library."

"Right," you sigh. You would never admit it, but you cry in the library at least once a week. This week, though, you've been visiting it more often. "I'm okay. Bad day," you state.

"Ah, I see where you're coming from," Pietro replies. "Exams are tough," he agrees with you. "Maybe... we can study together?"

You raise your eyebrows. "Are you sure?"

He nods enthusiastically. "I've never had a study buddy before, and I think it'll help the both of us out." He clears his throat. "But I mean, um, if you're okay with it..."

"Meet me at the cafeteria at seven?" you ask him with newfound confidence. "I still have to get some things sorted out..." you motion to your stained shirt, smiling sheepishly.

"I'll be there," he says, grinning.

When you turn back to walk back to your dorm, he makes sure you don't turn back before he does a celebratory dance, unable to keep his excitement to himself.

***

Seven couldn't have come sooner, but when it does, you're already running to the cafeteria with fresh clothes on and your backpack filled with textbooks and papers. You haven't been this giddy about studying, especially not with someone (in which that someone happens to be a guy you just met, who also happens to be extremely cute), in a long while.

It's the lessons, obviously, not the guy, you tell yourself.

When you arrive, Pietro is sitting on one of the tables in the far end of the room, the one next to a whole bunch of bean bags on the floor. On the table, he has two muffins, which you're guessing he got from the cafeteria, and a lot of candy bars.

He has food and is cute? I might as well just marry him right- no, you fool!

"Hi!" he greets almost too cheerfully, motioning for you to sit. "I brought food," he says shyly, a blush creeping onto his cheeks. "Feel free to take some."

"Thanks," you reply, smiling up at him, unable to control the blood rushing to your cheeks either. You can't deny that you're starting to notice more and more about him. How his eyes are a piercing shade of blue, and how good he looks when he runs his hand through his silver locks.

"Uh... Y/N?" Pietro's voice brings you back to reality, where he's looking at you questioningly, wondering why you're staring at him so intently.

You look down in embarrassment, covering your face with your hands as you wish that you could just disappear. Of course, you had to do something embarrassing in the first five minutes of being study buddies with a really good-looking guy. Well, a kind-of good-looking guy. 

"Hey," he says with a chuckle. "Don't hide," he tells you, "I wanna look at you."

You blush even more, and he realizes what he just said.

"I mean- um, I..." he stammers, making things unbearably awkward. "Should we start?" he asks quickly, changing the topic.

The air in the room feels cooler once you both start to discuss your difficulties and help each other out. It feels like no time has passed, but by the time you look at the ticking clock on the wall, it's already ten.

"It's that late already?" Pietro asks, tilting his head. "Tell me it hasn't been three hours."

You laugh. "This was fun."

He smiles widely, the corners of his eyes crinkling. "Same time tomorrow?" he asks you hopefully.

"You got it," you reply, and he grins happily.

"See you tomorrow," he says, his pretty eyes joyful and just straight up adorable. You wonder if he's ever been sad at all, and immediately hope that he experiences none of that. He's too good for the world.

Maybe you're starting to like this Pietro guy, and maybe that's okay.

-------------------------

Hello, hello! I just wanted to tell you guys that I now have a YouTube channel where I post (mediocre) edits and (also mediocre) Avengers ASMR (I know, I'm into weird stuff idk why). So yeah, if you guys are into those two things, my channel is the link in my bio (profile?) hehe. Thanks for reading!