Stucky - White Christmas

First off, I'd like to wish everyone a happy new year (I know I'm like three days late, at least in my country). I hope your 2019 is amazing and you're surrounded by the people that you love.

Also, thank you so much for 75k. I genuinely never thought that we'd reach this far, but hey, you guys surprise me all the time. Thank you for making my 2018 more bearable. Eyelism 💖💖💖

@savanah_girlygirl requested a Stucky Christmas special, and since I'm Stucky trash, I'll literally take any opportunity I get to write about them.
Credits to the artist for making the art above because I am in love with it.
--------------
Bucky wakes up with the feeling of Steve nuzzling his head into the crook of his neck.

The memories from last night fill his mind, and he smiles as he gazes at the sleeping figure next to him.

He looks further to his side. The digital clock Stark has installed in their bedroom shows that it's Christmas Day, and upon seeing that, he can't help but grin, sighing in content.

"Morning, Buck," Steve mumbles into his neck, kissing it softly.

"Morning, Stevie. Merry Christmas," he replies, running his metal arm through his lover's hair.

"Merry Christmas," Steve says back. "We got a lotta things to do today, love."

"Yeah?"

"Mm." Steve rolls to his side of the bed, rubbing his eyes. "Fuck," he curses under his breath. "I'm all sore."

Bucky smirks. "Glad to hear that, baby." He presses a kiss on Steve's head, nuzzling his nose into his blond hair. He untangles his legs from Steve's. "Shit, so am I."

Stele chuckles. "I'm gonna get some breakfast," he says, picking his shirt up from the corner of the room and putting it on. "You didn't have to throw it so far."

"Sorry," Bucky apologizes sheepishly, smiling at his man. "Was really into it."

"That's fair. Are you coming?" Steve asks. "The team might be suspicious, though."

"They'll be even more suspicious if I go with you, so I'll go in a sec."
***
The dining table is full of pop tarts, pancakes, waffles, bacon, and an oddly large amount of fruits.

"What's all this?" Steve hears 'The Small Peter' ask. "Not that I'm complaining."

"It's Christmas, so we gotta go big or go home. This year, we're going big," Tony replies, gesturing to all the food. "Help yourself." He turns around and spots Steve. "You, too, Cap. Heard you had a good night."

Steve shakes his head in disbelief, rolling his eyes playfully at the comment. "Thanks, Tony."

"No problemo," Tony replies, wiggling his eyebrows. "Also, winter finally came this morning!" he exclaims, catching the others' attention as they file into the dining hall. "Global warming," he continues, scoffing.

"Nah, Winter came last night," Steve deadpans, just as Bucky walks into the room.

"There's a kid around!" Tony scolds jokingly. "Seriously, though. I thought I'd installed soundproofing."

"Breakfast!" Bucky switches the subject immediately, his cheeks red. "How're you guys doing?" he asks everyone, the blush from his cheeks slowly fading away.

"Good, good!" Thor replies, grinning.

"Couldn't you be quieter?" Sam says sarcastically, his eyes tired as he yawns. "Didn't get any sleep cause of y'all."

"Sorry." Bucky bites his lip, preventing him from smiling at the events of last night.

The whole team stuffs their faces throughout breakfast, making a few small talks here and there.

Once they're done, the group parts for the day after promising Tony that they'll all be there for the Christmas party tonight.

"Balcony?" Steve asks his man when everyone's filed out of the room.

Bucky nods as a reply, lacing his metal fingers with Steve's warmer one.

The cold air outside feels fresh on the ex-assassin's skin, but not so much on his boyfriend's.

Steve flinches from the cold, despite wearing a sweater and a jacket with sweatpants. He's never been the one to get cold. In fact, he's always loved the cold.

"What's wrong, Stevie?" Bucky craned his neck up slightly to examine Steve's face, his brows furrowing. "You feelin' alright?"

Steve takes a deep breath, steadying himself. "Yeah. I'm good."

"Is it the weather?"

Steve hesitates before shaking his head, looking down on the snowed floor.

"You can tell me, y'know? I'm right here for ya."

"Thanks, love." His eyes rest on Bucky's. "Nuthin' extremely important, trust me. Just a lil' bit of anxiety going on."

"Tell me about it," Bucky encourages, placing his human hand on his lover's cheek. "I'm all ears, doll."

Steve swallows hard before replying,"Just had a bit of a flashback, 's all. About the time where I went into ice."

"I'm sorry," Bucky mumbles, standing on his tiptoes to place a gentle kiss on Steve's cheek. He then kisses his lips and lets it linger for a while, savoring how the warmth from Steve's lips spreads through him. It feels like a fire's been ignited in him, and he feels all warm and fuzzy inside.

Steve feels the anxiety growing in the pit of his stomach dying out, and butterflies coming alive instead. He holds the back of Bucky's neck ever so softly, as if afraid that he'd break under his touch. He knows he's not fragile at all, but the fact that he's lost him more than he wants to count urges him to take care of his Bucky.

"I love you, Buck," Steve whispers lovingly, rubbing his nose on Bucky's.

Bucky smiles, looking into Steve's baby blues, and then closing his eyes to capture his love's lips with his once more. "I love you, too, Stevie. More than you'll ever know," he whispers back as they pull away. "Here's to three hundred more Christmases together," he says, wrapping his arms around his man, feeling him press his lips on his forehead.

"We'd prolly be long gone before that, sweetheart."

"Then I'll be glad that I'll have spent my last Christmas with you."