Loki - Remember

A/N: ugh I'm so sorry I haven't updated in quite a while. School's been kicking my ass but I promise I'll try to update more often. Also, I noticed that we're at 6k already????? How????? I can't tell you how thankful I am for all of you for reading, commenting, and voting. Thank you so much ❤️❤️
------------------
Loki strides along the path of the park near your house, determined to organize his thoughts. His eyes are on the clipped grass under him and his eyebrows are furrowed.

What does he say to someone who stole his heart? Hey, you puny mortal, give back my heart. That definitely won't do.

He looks up, seeing that the skies are blue and it's a beautiful day out. Looking around, he spots a man selling balloons and decides to buy some in an attempt to woo you. It's not like he really needs to, but hey, let him do his thing.

He doesn't know how things work on Earth. He's just winging it and hopes for the best.

"Um, three balloons, please," he says to the man, surprisingly politely, and the man proceeds to give him the balloons.

He pays for it and makes sure that his grip on the strings are tight enough. "Thank you," he mutters quickly, before running off to the nearest florist.

When he gets there, the place was packed with people and their significant others, the workers frantically running around the shop in order to serve them quickly.

This place reminds him of where you first met.

It was in an art museum.

He was looking at the artworks displayed on the walls, completely focused before you came in and practically slammed into him.

You looked up at him, scared. You looked into his eyes to see if he was mad, but oh boy, were they beautiful. You got lost in them immediately, and he broke the trance with a clear of his throat.

"Oh, sorry! I should be going," you said nervously, walking off.

"Mortal," he called out for you.

You stopped, confused. "Were you talking to me?"

"Yes. I'm afraid, you have to repay me after what you've done," he told you with absolutely no emotion written on his face.

You were taken aback. Unable to speak, you started to stutter. Knowing that you just completely made a fool of yourself in front of this unbelievably gorgeous man in front of you, you blushed.

"For the consequences, you'll have to let me take you out on a date and let me pay for the bill."

And that was it. That was the start of the beautiful relationship you both have had for the past three years.

To be fair, three years isn't even that long of a time for Loki, since he can live to be thousands of years old. This might as well just be a long weekend for him, but he cherishes every single second he spends with you.

"That bouquet with the three different colors. Are those roses?" He points to the fresh flowers behind the counter.

The shop assistant replies with a quick nod and watches Loki pull out a fifty dollar bill and put it on the counter.

"I'll take one of that, please," he says, smiling.

He has no idea what he's doing, or what he's even supposed to do. What the hell are you supposed to do on an anniversary?

He does know though, that he should be nice to people. Not that he should, really, but he thinks that that way, he'll be more understanding to your kind rather than just calling everyone puny mortals.