confusion.

The next day at school Scarlet ran to Statia and yanked her into an empty bathroom. "ANASTATIA!" She basically screamed at her. "WHAT" Statia yelp at in surprise. "One, You have been ignoring me!" She smacked her arm. "Two! Do you like Jace? Like more than a friend?" Scarlett bit her lip in worry. "I've been giving you space hon. I know how you are. I don't know. He is cool. We only talk in school. I might like him. I haven't decided." Statia sighed at her.

"That's what I thought!" She groaned. Statia looked at her confused. "What? Do you like him?" "Umm. No?" She muttered looking out the bathroom window. "OMGEE YOU DO!! TAKE HIM!!!! DO HIM!!!! LOVE HIM!!!!" Statia screamed at her. Scarlett jumped back in surprise and hit the wall. "Could you be any LOUDER!!!?" She yelled back at her laughing. Statia smirked at her. "It is about damn time! Wait you aren't telling me something!" Scarlett blushed and stuttered" Wha? what? No there isn't anything to tell!" Statia looked at her. "Ok! OK! He kissed me last night!" She grinned at Statia.

Before Statia could freak out and ask for the details the bell for class rang and Scarlett made a mad dash for the class. Excited to see Jace she ran all the way there and slid into her seat. Jace walked in and quietly sat down. Scarlett flashed him a smile but he looked away. Scarlett's smile faltered. She turned to pay attention kinda confused. He had kissed her just last night. She scribbled a note to him and hit him in the head with it.

You ok?

He looked at her and held up the note like really? She waved her hand at him for him to write back. He rolled his eyes but his lips were fighting a smile.

I'm fine Scar. Why?

Cause you jerk! You didn't smile back.

He looked at her and gave her a creepy full out grin. He looked back down and scribbled something down. Scarlett took the note back trying not to laugh.

Better? I smiled full on.

Much better! Let's talk after school?

He looked pained as he read it and he shook his head at her saying no. She looked confused and made the motion why? He just shook his head again and ignored her for the rest of class.

When the bell rang Scarlett walked up to him. "Jace about last night..." He cut her off. "Scarlett I am sorry but I don't want to talk about it. Ok it never happened. I didn't mean to kiss you." She looked shocked and covered it up before he noticed. "If you didn't mean to then why did you?" She almost snapped at him. "Caught up in the moment? I had a good time hanging out with you so I kissed you." He shrugged. "It's not that big of a deal."

She nodded and walked off. She walked past Statia and left school. Statia had a shocked look Scarlett has only skipped school a few time and she has never simply walked out before. Statia slammed her locker door shut and stormed over to Jace. "What the hell! Did you do to her?" She smacked his arm."What are you talking about?" Jace looked at her like she is crazy and rubbed his arm. "Scarlett just walked out of school! Just LEFT! You better fix what you did or I WILL KILL YOU!"

Jace looked confused. "What do you mean fix what I did? I didn't do shit!" Statia smacked the back of his head. "You had to do something! I know you kissed her last night! She likes you!" Jace glared" Oh yeah totally! "He rolled his eyes. "That's why she ran away and told me it can't happen again." Statia laughed. "Idiot! She thought I liked you! She was being a good friend to me. That's why she said that! She does like you now go find her!" Jace busted out in a grin and ran out of school as Statia yelled sarcastically "Bye!"

Jace wondered where she could be. Obviously she was upset but where would she go? He grinned as he remembered at dinner she said she loved going to the park. He turned and half ran that way. As he approached the park he noticed Scarlett arguing with a guy. The guy was tall with shaggy black hair over one eye. He had snake bites and chocolate eyes. The guy was wearing black skinny jeans with chains connected to he assumed a wallet in his pocket. He wore a simple tank top that was white.

Scarlett was visibly angry but couldn't get away. The guy had his hand gripping her arm. She reached up and slapped him as Jace was running to her to help. "LEAVE ME ALONE! I DON'T EVER WANT TO SEE YOU!" She snapped and jerked away from him. The guy scowled at her. "I'll be back, Lettie. We still need to talk!" Jace pulled Scarlett to him and glared at him. "Who are you and why don't you back off asshole! She doesn't want to be near you."Jace snarled at him. Scarlett leaned against Jace and Whispered. "Just leave!" The guys face went blank at the sight of Scarlett in Jaces arms and walked off.

Jace looked down at her. "Are you ok? What the fuck happened?" Scarlett hugged him to her. "I am fine! I promise. Nothing happened!" Jace brushed her hair back and looked deeply into her eyes. "You look kind of scared and pissed off."

Scarlett laughed a little. "I am pissed off. I hate him!" Jace took her hand and led her to the swings. She sat in the swing hands gripping the chains to the swing. Jace stood in front of her hands on top of hers.

"So? Who was that?" Jace asked Scarlett looking down at her.

She sighed. "That was Danny"