I blinked a few times, confused by what just had transpired. Nevertheless, I turned around by the balls of my stiletto covered feet and left the building complex. Once I was outside, I waved down a taxi and slid in the backseat slowly.

"Where to?" said the taxi man with a cigar hanging out the window. My eyebrows scrunched together as my brain attempted to piece the puzzle together. I looked at the taxi man perplexed.

"Packing?"

~

Once the taxi man dropped me off in front of my apartment building, I made my way into the plaza after I greeted the doorman. I checked my mailbox before going up the elevator to the 13th floor. As I rifled through the junk mail, my fingertips mistakenly pushed a small 4 by 4 envelope onto the ground.

Darn it.

I bent down and picked it up, noticing that it was personally addressed to me by a thinly inked pen. I looked at the sending address closely:

Matthew Kelekolio

571 Pauku Street

Kailua, HI 96734

HI? Hawaii?

I tore open the envelope with my baby blue acrylics and first noticed the bronze key on a piece of woven string. I then saw a note attached to the key which read:

Ms. Lawson,

We will happily be anticipating your visit with us! Here is the key to the cabin. The cabin number is 112 and it is quite secluded as you wanted. I will be in the service bungalow at any time as will my son who is in charge of maintenance. If you need anything else, please do not hesitate to ask.

Sincerely,

Matthew Kelekolio

DING!

I stepped off the elevator, still squinting at the little note I was holding to see if the wording was different from what I was reading. I hastily took my reading glasses off of the collar of my blouse and put them on.

Nope. Still read the same thing.

"This has got to be a mistake," I whispered to myself as I walked towards the door of my apartment. I was too focused on the letter to noticed that I had opened the door to my unlocked apartment. I walked in, placed my coat on the rack, and was about to take off my heels until-

THUD!

"OH SHIT! That hurt!" someone sneered loudly. The screeched took me out of my trance immediately as I had recognized the voice.

Monique.

I followed the voice to my master bedroom and instantly froze at the door. My room was ransacked with pieces of clothing everywhere; on the floor, in the bathroom, on the tv, and even on top of my ceiling fan. My mouth flew open at the disaster going on in my room. And there she was; Monique holding and putting pressure on her big toe. She obviously must have stubbed it on the edge of my coffee table.

"Monique. What the hell is going on?!" I calmly yet dangerously voiced to her. My presence caught her attention and she straightened up instantly. She plastered a huge smile on her face as she rushed to me with open arms.

"My baby Stella! I am so happy that you're home! How was work today? Did anything new happen today-"

"Cut the crap, Mo. Stop acting like you're my lover and explain to me why my room looks like a tornado flew around before I came." I said as I put my hand up in front of her face signaling her to halt with the hug.