Chapter Fourteen

It was a long battle. Lasting for around half an hour, until Gan was finally able to land a hit that incapacitated the Bomber, putting him completely out of commission. He was put into custody, his accomplices giving up once their leader had been captured. Turns out they had been waiting for him in a car nearby, but when they came to check on him when he was taking too long, they saw him being arrested, tried to flee, but were arrested nearly immediately.

Like he always did, Gon stayed on scene until all was taken care of. Until the street was cleaned and all of the preps had been taken away in the association vans. It was the resolution after the storm and it helped Gon ground himself and get rid of his adrenaline, get himself to pause. So why not doing the boring afterwork to get that all done.

After being out for about four hours, maybe even more — he'd been losing track of time — he was finally going to be able to turn in.

He raised his hand to his ear and tapped his earpiece, signalling to Killua that he was back online. "Hey, it's all cleaned up here. How's it going on your end?"

"All the paper works done," Killua responded before an extended yawn rang through the ear pieces. "We don't have anything else to do tonight, if that's what you're worried about. Just go home and get some sleep. You worked really hard tonight."

Gon couldn't help but smile at the softness in Killua's voice, obviously tired, but with a caring element to it that just healed your soul.

"Thanks Killua."

"No problem dude." There was a short pause with the sound of papers flipping integrated in. "They also gave us the files for the next mission. But don't worry. Briefings in two days. So you go and rest the best that you can. I'll go through the files."

Gon laughed as he opened the door to his car and got into his seat. "Geez, you really are a lifesaver Killua. My life has become so much easier."

"I'd hope it would, seeing as we are not fighting anymore," Killua quipped.

"Well that, and you just know how to do everything better than me,"

"Not true, you're totally better than me at somethings,"

"Really?." Gon started up his car and turned the radio all the way down so all he had was Killua on the earpiece. "Name one thing,"

"Firstly, you're way better with people, and you're personality is, like, the social ideal. Loyalty is undeniable and you're really good at thinking on your feet."

Gon could feel himself beginning to blush a bit at the compliments. It wasn't every day you had a Killua yelling compliments in your ear.

"Well, thanks then. I appreciate the compliments."

Killua went silent for a second, and Gon could practically see his eyebrows scrunching in thought. "Was that just a ploy to get me to compliment you?"

"No," Gon answered honestly whilst rubbing the back of his neck. "I honestly thought you'd just insult me."

"Well, I didn't you idiot. I can't believe you sometimes." He huffed the end before there was shuffling on his end.

As much as Gon would appreciate a good silence, he knew that it wouldn't last long. He could feel it practically climbing up his spine in order to bug him.

But, thankfully, it wasn't him who had to start up the conversation.

"Did you eat anything?" Killua asked with a concerned tone.

"No," Gon said back, merging into the city street, making his way towards his house. "Why're you asking?"

"I could order something to go to your house if you wanted. That way it'd be there when you get to your house,"