Chapter Three

"And as we examine the specimen, we can determine the properties within its cells..." a professor blabbed at the front of the class of college students, going on about something along the lines of biology. Not that many were listening.

In the back of the room sat a tuft of white hair, blue eyes just peaking out from crossed arms.

Could this be any more boring, Killua groaned as he watched professor slowly pace in front of the projected image of a specimen that Killua had forgotten the name of.

Suddenly, the professor's alarm went off, alerting everyone that the class was over and they were all free from the plaguing boredom. Shooting up from his seat, Killua grabbed his bag and made his way towards the exit, just catching the reminder for the assignment that he had finished already.

His steps covered more ground than normal, as he felt the itching need to get as far away from the school as possible. Over and over he kept having to remind himself that he needed to get the degree in order to find some sort of freedom from his overwhelming family.

He shortened his steps as he finally reached the end of campus and began to make his way towards his apartment building, which had, luckily, been only a ten-minute walk from the college.

Reaching into his pocket, he pulled out his phone, seeing the notification of texts from his family. It took some control not to groan out loud at the number of texts that were displayed on his screen, but he ignored it and continued to walk down the street minding his own business. That's when he came to the central square, which had screens, all broadcasting the fight between the hero Smoker(Morel) and the villain, Hypnosis(Pouf). Taking a right, he walked down an alley and began to twist and turn through the streets until he came to the front of his small, run-down apartment building, which was on the less busy side of the center of the city.

He entered, ignoring the stoners that sat on the stairs and the random person standing at the street corner, announcing the 'end of the world'. As much as the place offered its peace and quiet, it was definitely not the place for those who were faint-hearted to reside in.

Slipping his key into his apartment door, he opened it with ease, walked in and locked it behind him. As soon as the door closed and locked, he dropped everything he was carrying and basically flew face first into the couch, which had been waiting for his arrival all day.

"I don't wanna," he groaned out loud before rolling over and staring at the yellowing ceiling above.

A clock on his wall ticked away as he continued to stare and frown at the thought of getting up and having to deal with jobs today. As much as he'd like to lay around all day and do nothing, he still had bills to pay and a family waiting for his current 'mission' status report within the next week.

Glancing at the clock, he slowly sat up and began to stretch his long limbs, procrastinating the inevitable venture into the outside world. Finally, convincing himself to go, he got up and started to walk towards this bedroom, where he then sorted through his closet for one of his suits.

He striped down to his underwear, shivering slightly from the chill that was always set around his little-heated apartment. It was February, and he had resorted to using random heating fans around his house and wearing one too many layers. It wasn't because it bothered him, his training had dealt with that aspect, but it was because he was so hyper-aware of his surroundings that the slightest wisp of cold air from anywhere would set him off.

Feet sluggishly carrying him towards one of his dresser drawers, he pulled it out and was presented with an arsenal of weapons. Many of them had been presented to him by his family, which he accepted, but never used. Except for the electric gloves, a vial of poison, along with injectors, and yo-yos that his second oldest brother had made for him.