Chapter Six

When it comes down to it, Gon had gotten himself into a less than favorable situation. Actually, scratch that, he was in a pit of shit with this one.

It had been a normal Sunday, fighting crime and doing PG hero things to gain more affection from his adoring public. It had also been two weeks after his confrontation with Killua.

As of their 'talk', Killua hadn't been committing any crimes or taking on the mask of Black Out. He wasn't doing his usual stuff, maybe even completely gone from the Hero's Associations current radar until he decided to do something evil.

But nothing like that had happened in the two weeks.

Gon, on the other hand, wasn't satisfied with just assuming Killua wasn't doing anything or scheming. As much as he wanted to trust the white-haired male, he had to make sure he wasn't getting into trouble. So, he did his own bit of stalking, and even tried to approach Killua, maybe have a normal conversation, but Killua just couldn't give him a reason for not doing any crimes... or wouldn't give one. Also, in every attempt he made to confront the 'ex'-criminal, he either lost track of Killua, was noticed by his adoring public, or got called into doing some crime fighting.

Being famous can be hard.

After a while, Gon gave up on Killua, but one thing continued to bother him. He never did contact the association, so what was he thinking of? What was he planning on doing? Was it even worth Gon's effort to change Killua to the good side?

But, nevertheless, Killua was out of the picture for a while, everyone keeping him and his identity on the backburner of their minds. Not bothering to stress over something that was currently harmless.

And all of this left Gon to just do nothing. The lack of activity from his greatest foe had had great repercussions onto Gon and what he had to do with his job. With no one to battle or keep an eye on constantly, he had nothing to do but be assigned to miscellaneous cases.

From murders to actual super villain battles, to even petty crimes, within these two weeks he had seen it all, done it all, and— even with the crazy amount of work an all above interesting things for him to do— he had been extremely bored.

Our dear Gon had been so bored with all of the mundane cases, he had frequented and now perfected the art of banging his head on the wall. He had gotten so good at it that he would claim the title of 'Best Head-Banger' from even the most stressed man in the world.

But, through the pain, he had finally received a case that might just give him something interesting to do.

Given by the head of project assignments, Wing-san, Gon had tried to be a little more excited about bringing in a criminal who was on a lower level and just essentially been given to him as a way to keep him from denting the walls of the association with his hard head. So he grinned and bore it.

Going through the guy's file was even more boring. An abundance of low-level crimes that really had no effect, whatsoever, on anyone but the shop owners, and a few murder sprees — slightly more serious, but just as boring.

But what really kept Gon's interest was the fact that this person, this person who couldn't even steal candy from a baby without some sort of mass effect struggle, was being mistaken as Black Out by the public.

As Black Out's number one supporter— and yes! He was. Gon needed KIllua around so things were interesting and now he wasn't, so everything was just going to hell and holy shit was Gon bored of trying to find things interesting around this useless city (Gon's not salty about Killua being gone at all) — he felt personally offended that people were thinking that this useless wack job was the most influential and successful criminal that the city had ever known. They thought that this person was the most elusive and ninja-like criminal to ever walk.