It took me on a spin.

The search stretched on forever. I walked and walked, following the path laid down by flowers.

Was it a path?

I scoffed. How could flowers grow in a pattern? It had grown naturally and I was following it like an idiot.

Why was I following it again?

Was I that bored? Or did I know it was hopeless to get out?

Whatever the reason was, I traced the path.

The density of the flowers was getting more with every turn and something in me said that I was close.

Close to what?

Find the treasure of the universe?

When I took a left turn, the walls closed behind me and I was in an opening.

A large opening.

A statue with two lovers was in the middle of the opening.

The sky above was simply dark. It was not night sky, I realised. It was just space. In which dimension I was in?

I looked around and I gasped when my eyes caught the sight of a female in chains. That was when that throbbing pressure intensified enough for me to let out a scream. Then it subsided as if it was never there. My vision was blurred for the first few seconds before it became much clear.

Flowers seemed to crowd near her.

Silver chains bound her.

I rushed towards her only to be thrown back with force.

I frowned and got up. It was that time the female looked up.

When she saw me, a smile lit her face. The chains that bound her suddenly grew red and gold. I watched with fascination as the female's body glowed a bit and the pure energy was sucked by the chains. Her body contorted in pain.

What was this?

I opened my mouth and shut it.

Who was this female?

"Lyra," she rasped, a smile forming on her face after she recovered.

How did she know me?

I said nothing but I stared at her.

"Eat the white flowers, child," she said, clearing her throat. "It will help with your thirst and hunger."

I blinked at her.

How could I trust her?

What if this entire thing was stimulation and she was just a test?

"Go ahead," she urged. "I am not a stimulation. This Maze is indeed built by the Moon."

"Don't all stimulations say that?" I muttered.

She laughed. She laughed despite the pain wracking her body.

"Oh Lyra!" she sighed. "So much like your father. So much."

I frowned. "My father?"

She nodded. "Yes. Your father. I know him."

I was lost for words. "You knew Carter Black?"

She shrugged. "I knew him too. But I am talking about your biological father, Lyra. Or rather the male who gave life to the body you are hosting."

I inhaled sharply. Even with Aspen looking, I had been unable to locate my biological family. What did she mean by the body I was hosting?

"Was-was he here?" I asked her.