Never Alone in Arkham Asylum

Batman is sitting comfortably in The Batcave, Alfred had already given him his cup of tea and left. Joker, who usually rants to himself about how his 'Batsy' noticed him, or at least smiles at the camera, is quiet. Which is strangely the weirdest thing that has happened today. Joker sits still, eyes glued to the wall, unblinking, jaw hanging from his lips like it's the most interesting thing in the world. Batman watches the motionless Joker for over an hour, before he actually says something.

"You actually did it Bats......who knew you had the guts to actually do it. I mean, I've made it pretty evident that I want you, flirting with you as you brought your fist down to my face, and no matter how many times you hit me, I always smiled, winking, teasing...............Heh, it's funny...I've wanted you for the longest time, but I knew you would never actually join in the fun. You never cease to surprise me Bats." Joker says as he sits still, not smiling, on the slab of concrete he calls his bed.

He stays like this for another hour. He's only blinked five times in the last two hours, and Bruce is starting to become slightly concerned. Another two hours pass. This time he only blinked once, Bruce is now extremely concerned and wonders if he's dead. This goes on for another hour before he finally smiles. He speaks.

"Three, two, one aaaand-" An explosion goes off. "Boooom!!! HAHAHAHAHEHEEEEHAHHAHAHAHAAAAHAHAHAHAAAA!" The screen becomes static. Batman slams his fists onto the keyboard.

"Dammit!" He jumps into the Batmobile, revves the engine and takes off.

Batman should've known better. He should have known that this was just a part of The Joker's sick and twisted plan, designed to distract him long enough for this explosion to go off. That moment in the closet with Joker. Just the two of them giving into their deepest desires, it was all a scheme. He played with Bruce's emotions, feelings and desires. He played with his heart, tricked him into thinking that Joker felt the same way. Batman would not let this happen again, Joker will not affect him anymore, no matter how much it hurts Bruce.