First Patrol Together

Third POV~

Harley Quinn, a broken woman, lays on cold, damp concrete as tears slowly stream down her face, staring at the ceiling. She raises her arm to the ceiling, unable to reach its surface. She's never been able to reach it, she knows this deep down, yet she never stops trying. Once, she tried jumping, but gravity always finds a way to land her on her ass.

A green vine climbs back up the cell walls, it finds its way to Harley's outstretched hand and wraps itself around the dim warmth of her palm. Harley squeezes the vine, forming almost a hand, it entwines with her fingers as she brings the vines close to her heart. Huging the green plant that now bares bright red, black-tipped flowers.

"It's okay, I'm here, everything is going to be okay..." Pamela whispers through the vines.

Ivy POV~

Dont worry Harles, I'll bust us out of here when the time is right. It'll be just you and me. My cheeks grow green with warmth. Yeah us...

________The Streets of Gotham__________

Third POV~

A little girl screams into the hollow night, as the icy wind bites at her cheeks and dries out her eyes. Wanting to cry without the tears to do so, as she watches her mother and father's eyes become lifeless orbs that once saw their joyfilled daughter squeal at the sight of three movie tickets for a movie adapted from her favourite show. Now they just glaze over, frozen in their last expressions.

"Bro what the fuck?! You weren't supposed to actually kill them!" One street rat exclaims, his breathing becoming erratic.

"Calm down, we got the money."

"But why'd you have to shoot?!"

"They were gettin a little too brave for my liking....Louie?....where-" He is suddenly met with two glowering eyes, smoke seemingly coming out of Batman's nostrils. But before he can knock him down, the dumbass starts to cackle.

"Oh my fuckin god, you think I'm scared of yo gay ass? Whadda ya gonna do? Smooch me to death?" The confused thug wonders why his cheek feels so cold. Its because he is face first into the filthy, gum ridden Gotham floor. Unconscious. Batman turns to find Joker, now resembling his Telltale-John counterpart, attmepting to comfort the little girl.

"Hey! It's uhh..okay kid I'm good now! See! Look! Does this fabulous new hero outfit scream villain to you?" This seems to calm the little girl down as she brushes thick, raven hair away from her tear-stained cocoa-coloured cheeks.

"Are my momma and papa gonna wake up soon?" Joker worriedly turns to Bruce. He makes his way over to her, crouching down.

"What's your name young lady?" She sniffs.

"Rose..."

"Rose, this may seem hard to hear right now, but... mommy and daddy aren't going to wake up." Bruce decides rather than telling her the whole living on a farm far away shtick, she deserves to know what has really happened.

"Wh-what do you mean?"

"Well, your parents have...died.." Rather than saying they have passed or are sleeping forever, he decided not to worry her about never waking up.

"I don't get it.."

"Dying means that their bodies have..stopped working...meaning they can't breathe, or move..or cuddle you anymore." Her little face falls.

"Oh........am I going to die?"

"Not...now....not for a very long time....most people die because they are very sick or old."

"But mommy and daddy weren't sick or old!" Her tears start to run rapidly down her face.

"Well...those two idiots over there made it happen really fast. People aren't supposed to do that, people who do that are really, really bad." Joker adds, with a twang of guilt in his heart. Bruce solemnly puts a hand on his shoulder.

"Oh....okay...." The police finally arive, responding to Batman's call made as soon as he arrived on site. She looks to the first responding officer then turns back to the empty space where the crusaders once stood.

_____________The Bank__________________

"C'mon boys! Before the cops arrive!" The bank alarm deafens Penguin's crew.

"What about the bat boss?" His team mate answers for Cobblepot.

"You mean the faggot? Nah he's probably too busy sucking face wit' da Joker!" Oswald internally facepalms his forehead as he rolls his eyes.

"Now boys, whats wrong with that? Huh? Do you think the same thing of The Riddler and I? You got something to say?!" Oswald aims his shotgun at the henchman.

"Yeah Lenny, it's 2021 fah christ's sake! Grow up, yer' an adult!" Smoke fills the room, Joker throws in a few flashbangs for the fun of it, Blinding Penguin and his henchmen.

"Yeah Lenny it's 2021." The Joker giggles as he squirts the homophobe in the eye from the orange flower on his purple blaser, now replacing the acid with sticky, army-grade pepper spray. Sucker punching the guy next to him as he chuckles at the homophobe's cries.

"Long-time-no-see J, and I see you've brought a friend." He comments, grunting while attempting to remove the batarang stuck in his wrist, causing him to drop his weapon.

The room clears as sirens are fast aproaching. All the henchmen groan in agony, cradling their wounds. Penguin runs for it after ripping the batarang from his flesh, but is stopped by Wally West, quickly tying Cobblepot up.

"Ayoo Kid Flash to the rescue!" Joker shouts.

"It's The Flash now." Wally corrects him.

"Oooh daddy flash retired and you've taken up the mantle, nice!"

"Enough J."

"Aww you know I was just teasing Bats!" Bruce sighs and apologetically looks towards Wallace.

"You get used to it." Wally chuckles.

"I'm sure I will, now that I'll hopefully be seeing him on the right side this time."

"See! No harm no foul!! He he!"

Patrols are going to be a hell of a lot more exiting now.