Chapter 27

The next chapter may be the last or second to last. So watch out for it! Thanks so much for all the reads!! Please vote!!!! Hope you like this one!

"uhhhhhhhhhh" was all I could say. My mind was racing a million miles a minute, I was almost more scared now than I had been when I was being kidnapped! "how about you take some time to think it over, a few days maybe, some alone time. I'll be in touch." he said and walked out of the room, followed by several people who had gone unnoticed prior to his exit, although I suppose that was their job. "we will be packing our things in our hotel room, if you need us" Cynthia said as her and Valerie exited. "as will we, sweet cheeks" Jack said as my mom could only nod, tears still threatening to spill over. She kissed my cheek as she left and handed me a piece of paper with her number on it. "call me when you decide" she said with a small smile. So that left me and the boys in a random conference room somewhere in the stadium, lovely. "before you make any relationship decisions, you should decide what you want in your career." Liam said thoughtfully as all the boys nodded. "call us when you want to talk." Zayn said as he the boys rose to leave. "wait where are you going?" i asked with a hint of fear. "you need to make this decision alone, we dont want to pressure you into anything that you dont want." louis said and left the room, followed by harry and Liam. "best advice, love? Go somewhere you can just think and be alone for awhile, we'll be waiting for your call." zayn said as he left the room. Niall turned to leave, but ran back and gave me a hug instead before bolting out of the room and after the boys. I let out a sigh, before gathering myself and leaving too, I knew where I needed to go.

Four hours later, flight 648 landed in Orlando, Florida and I was on it.  As soon as the boys left, I figured the only place I had ever been able to think was the ocean and what better a place than my own ocean, in Summer's Rock. I took a cab from the airport to my house, a whole two hour drive to the coast, and arrived at my front door. I hadnt told anyone I left, but I figured it was better this way, no distractions. Plus, noone was trying to kill me anymore! I had gotten a call while I was in the airport that Clarisse, my chef/friend turned crazy person, had been apprehended by the police and they were checking into every possible accomplice left, although they didnt think they there were anymore. I turned the key to my front door and pushed it, slightly. The musty smell of my old home hit my face and It felt odd, I hated my life here and I thought I had hated the house too, but now that I'm not in danger and I'm happy, it doesnt seem so bad. I walked around and put my bags down on the floor, before opening all the windows and doors, to let the salt smell in. I went to my room and found all my things in order, just as I had left them when the boys took me away. I wandered through my house and everything was as it had always been, except the feel. The feeling of the books on the shelf and silverware in the cupboard and everything, was different. I couldnt explain it...it was as if I had never lived here at all. But it didnt necessarily feel like that was a bad thing. The house, to anyone else, looked grand and inviting and I wondered if any passerbyers looked on with amazement at its sheer size and thought, "wow, they have money, they must never have to worry." or if they saw the little blond girl who played here and thought, "how cute, she must be so happy and fortunate". I wondered if these thoughts passed through a strangers mind and how funny it was that they could be so wrong. I went to my drawer and pulled out a swim suit before sitting down at my desk and staring out the window at the beautiful ocean, the same window and ocean I had stared at my whole life. The house was grand and beautiful and inviting sure, but it wasnt me and it wasnt mine.  I couldnt live here. Feeling proud of myself for making atleast one decision in the many i must make in the hours to come, I decided to go swimming. As my toes hit the sand, I smiled. This was my home, not a house. I walked along the lengthy stretch of sand to the water and as I did, I made a checklist of the decisions I had to make: Where do I want to live? Well I knew I didnt want to live here, but then where? Do I want to try and have a relationship with my mom? Maybe... I felt like I should, but that cold harsh part of me was still very much alive and resentful. Where I want to go in my career? well obviously up, but what did that mean I'd have to do? And the last decision, the most important, who do I want to be with? I have no freaking clue. I dove deep in the water and all my over-analyzing thoughts disappeared, if only for a moment. I breathed in the salt air and wadded around and just pretty much enjoyed my time here, seeing as it most likely be my last.